Chapter Fifty - Five: The Queen

Isla of Sussex

April 11th, 2015

Being summoned to the queens chambers were never a fun or a happy thing.being summoned after the funeral which was only days before was another thing.

"Did Granny say why she summoned us?" Harry asked as he fiddled with his jacket. Just us two were out for a casual dinner when the call came through. 

"No. Just to get to her office as quickly as we could." I said as my hand rested on my belly. Drawing closer to the middle of my pregnancy was always tiring. Especially after what I have been through. 

When the car stopped I saw Chris, Her Majesty's assistant, waiting for us. Harry climbed out first before turning back and offering me his hand. 

"Hello Chris." I said with a smile as he bowed to Harry and I. 

"Isla. Harry. Her Majesty waits for you in her office along with Prince Phillip and Prince Charles." 

"Dad's here?" 

"Whats going on Chris?" I asked as we stepped inside. 

"I cannot say. But let us not keep Her Majesty waiting." 

I stared at Harry for a moment before we followed Chris up the stairs to Her Majesty's office. Once we stepped inside the three stood up and smiled at us. 

Harry stepped first and kissed Her Majesty on both cheeks before bowing his head. 

"Hello Granny." 

He stepped aside to say hello to his father and I curisted to her. 

"Your Majesty." I whispered before I kissed both cheeks. 

"How are you feeling sweet girl?" 

"I am alright. Every day is a new day you know." I said as she grabbed my hand and squeezed it. 

"I remember it like a prick in my finger. It will soon be a dull pain. There but not noticeable." She said before she let me go and I turned to Phillip who smiled at me. 

"Hello Ducky. Getting bigger I see." 

"Every day." I said as he pulled me into a hug and I felt at ease in his arms. 

"We were very shocked to be called here." Harry asked as I pulled apart and turned to hug Charles. 

"I have no doubt you both are concerned. I have given a great thought to what I am about to tell you both. I have asked both Charles and Phillip what they think of as well." Her Majesty began as she motioned for us to sit down. 

"Are you sick Granny?" I asked and she laughed before shaking her head. 

"No but Phillip and I aren't getting any younger. You two as well as William and Catherine do a great deal for us and one day they will be King and Queen." 

"And we will be right behind them helping them every step of the way." I stated and she smiled before turning to Charles who nodded. 

"I wish to give you Scotland." 

"Excuse me?" I yelled rather than ask. I stopped for a moment before blinking. 

"I did not mean to yell. You want to give us Scotland? What do you mean?" I asked as Harry reached for my hand. 

"You were raised only as a spare. I am sorry for always saying and having you believe it. You do such great work for us here in England.Everyone loves you two. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex." Charles began as he faced his son. 

"Her Majesty believe you two deserve a chance at ruling. Scotland cares not for her or for me. But they care for you two. You two will be King and Queen of Scotland if you accept. Diana will be the Duchess of Rothsay and become Queen." 

"Wait. Wait a minute. Why us? Why not give it to Will and Kate? They are in line after dad." Harry said as he kept his eyes on The Queen. 

"Because they will be here. In line here. I have thought this much over and we all agreed on you two. You two have showed such passion and such love who else would be better?" 

"Why?" 

All eyes turned to me but I stood staring at The Queen. 

"Why? What of everyone's titles in Scotland? What of Parliment? What of everything else? How quickly would this happen if we agree? What of our charities and groups?" 

"If you two agree everyone will keep their titles but have no line in the succession. It will happen when you wish it. I know you are pregnant Isla and after everything that has happened I would understand you hesitation. You will be a wonderful Queen my dear." 

Everyone fell silent for a moment and I looked at Harry who was just staring at his grandparents. 

"We will think of it." He said and I nodded my agreement. 

"Take the time. No one wishes to rush this decision. But I do have to speak to Parliment now that I have told you two. Now if you will excuse me." She said as she stood up and quickly left the room. 

The baby decided then to throw a kicking fit and I hissed in pain. 

"Queen? Become a Queen while having a two year old and possibly a newborn?" I cried out and Charles turned to me. 

"Only if you wish. You two can say no." 

"No we can't. Are we allowed to talk to Will about this?" 

"Yes. No one else though. Think long and hard over this." 

"Of course. it's being in charge of thousands of people. Not something you think lightly on."