Chapter Fourteen: Diana's First Birthday

Isla of Sussex

April 2nd, 2014

One year ago today I gave birth to my sweet little girl and now she is one year old. I turned around and watched as she stared out the window trying to wave to some cameras.

Today was Diana's first birthday party and we were celebrating it in the yellow drawing-room at Kensington Palace.

I don't know where the time went but I didn't want Diana to grow up any faster.

As Harry parked the car I unbuckled myself before climbing out and waving to the cameras. Harry got Diana out of the car before handing her to me as we followed our team inside the palace.

The yellow drawing-room was set up kid-friendly for the party. There were three tables set up of finger food and sweets.

A photo booth so others could take photos and later have them sent to them if they wanted to. A photo slide to show all of the photos of Diana from when she was born to her first official portraits.

Then the tables and chairs were set up with purple and pink hearts wrapped around them.

Already waiting for us inside the drawing-room where Her Majesty, Prince Phillip, Charles, and Camila.

"Hi everyone!" I said as I bent down and placed Diana on the ground and she rushed towards Charles.

"My goodness! She's walking!" Her Majesty said and I smiled softly.

"For a month now. Most of the time we have to trap her either in the playpen or walker." I said as I hugged all of them.

"Good luck catching her," Phillip said and I laughed as the door opened and in came Gustaf, Silvia, Madeline, Victoria, Carl, and Daniel. Behind them where Kate, Will, George, Mum, Maddy, Theo, Zara, Mike, and baby Mia.

"G!" Diana cried out as she waddled towards her cousin. Kate placed George on the ground and the two began crawling away.

Harry and I began hugging everyone hello before I got to Zara and looked down at Baby Mia.

"Oh my, she is so adorable!" I said as Zara placed her in my arms.

"Say hello to Auntie Isla and Uncle Harry," Mike said making me grin as I laughed as I rocked Mia gently.

"I remember when Diana was this small. Now, look at her." I said as I watched Madeleine scoop Diana into her arms and bring her over to the photo booth.

"Oh don't worry honey. She'll still need us to open things and feed her." Harry said and I rolled my eyes as I placed Mia in his arms.

I stared at Harry for a moment before I felt Theo wrap his arms around me and hugged me.

"Hi, Auntie Isla." He said as I bent down and kissed his forehead before Mum and Maddy walked to me.

"Oh look at my little Diana! You need to bring her over so we can have some time together." She said and I had to hold back my eye roll.

"I know mum. We will be there soon." I said as she went to go talk to Her Majesty.

"Don't let her get to you. Today is all about Diana. I mean look how much fun she is having with Theo and George." Maddy said before the door opened and in came more of the family.

"I know. In the spirit of family I even invited my father and Andrew here today. Maybe they will come." I said before I felt arms around me and saw Harry's hair.

"Hey, Sarah is about to set up the slideshow of all the photos." He whispered and I nodded before Victoria walked over with Diana in her arms.

"She looks so happy! Though I did sneak her some sweets." She said as she spun around with Diana in her arms.