Chapter Forty-Four: Packing and Preparing

Isla of Sussex

January 15th, 2015 

I smiled at Diana as she rushed away from Max and Alex as she held their toy above her head. The dogs stared at her for a moment before sitting and tilting their head waiting for her to drop their toy. 

"Diana, give them their toy," I said and Diana stared at me for a moment before she threw their toy and the two of them rushed to get up and run after it. I laughed softly before I heard the buzzer go off and I sighed as I stood up and walked over to it. 

"Hello?" I asked as I pressed the button. 

"Your Highness, Your mother Amanda and sister in law Maddy are here." The guard said and I sighed softly. 

"Of course. Send them up." I replied before I let the button go and looked over at Diana who smiled. 

"Abuela?" 

"Yes, grandma and Tia Maddy are here," I said before I heard a knock and I went to the door and saw my mother and sister in law staring at me. 

"Oh look at this belly! Dios Mio! I can't wait for this baby to be here." Mum said as she pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. 

"I can't either but I still have exactly five months," I said before I looked over at Maddy who smiled. 

"Is it my brothers?" I asked once my mother pulled away from me and bent down to pick up Diana. 

"Yes, he hasn't drunk anything in nearly three weeks." She said and I stared at her for a moment before looking away. 

"What does Theo say?" 

"He isn't happy. He has been staying with Amanda." Maddy said and I watched her for a moment before inhaling softly. 

"Who wants tea? I'll make it. Why don't you two finish packing up?" Mum offered and I nodded. 

"Diana's things for the tour are already packed up. Harry has to just run through his list one last time." 

"And you?" 

"I'm halfway done." I said before I took Diana out of my mothers arms before leading Maddy to my bedroom and then into my closet. 

I let Diana go and she sat down near my heels and began grabbing them. Maddy reached up and grabbed my black medium suitcase and turned to me. 

"What shall we put in here?" 

"Sarah and my stylist already packed my gowns, tiaras, and the outfits that I am supposed to wear with the Grand Duke and Duchess. I have to pack really my casual things." I said before looking to Maddy. 

"How far along are you? You aren't showing so-" I  began and she sighed softly. 

"Nearly ten weeks. I have three more weeks before I am in the clear of having a miscarriage." She said and I nodded. 

"Congratulations." 

"Isla-" 

"I mean it. I remember when you and Andrew told me you were pregnant with Theo and I became a godmother for the first time. Maybe this time you'll have a girl." I stated with a laugh and Maddy sighed. 

"Theo is upset. He doesn't want his father and me together." 

"Can you blame him? My brother faked his death and then when he was found out he didn't see Theo for a long time. Theo has come to terms with not having a dad in his life. He knows that pain and just does not want his  little brother or sister to go through the same thing." I said as I folded my purple jumper and put in in the suitcase. 

Maddy stared at me for a moment and sighed. 

"I don't know what to do. It's not like our lives are private anymore!" 

"Well I apologize for falling in love with a prince!" 

"Enough!" I heard my mother say and I looked over to see her carrying a tray with three tea cups, the kettle and sugar and milk. 

"Mum-"

"No. He oído sufficient" (I have heard enough) She said as she placed the tray down and turned to us. 

"Maddy, Isla is grown and she could not help falling in love with a Prince. And Isla, Maddy is grown, her body and who she sleeps with is her business. Now this family has been through enough. I am happy to have now a third and fourth grandchild but so help me God if you two don't cut it out I will raise hell." She said and I stared at the two of them before nodding. 

I turned around and reached for three dresses before placing them in the suitcase. 

"I know that whe we do dumb things it comes back and haunts you and Harry. I apologized for the New Years Eve party already-" Maddy began and I laughed. 

"It is not that Maddy. This family, in all honesty has always been white. I am the first Hispanic duchess in the British royal family. I am trying so hard not to have the stereotype of Hispanics. That we are loud, roudy, and rude. That we have no manners." I began as I felt my tears well up. 

"I am trying to show all those hispanic little girls that maybe one day they can really be a princess like me. That nothing can stop them from running after their dreams. And petty family drama? It drops me lower and lower." I finished before I felt a tug on my leg and saw Diana. 

"No cry mummy." She whispered and I bent down and smiled at her. 

"Mummy is fine alright? Your little brother or sister is just messing with my emotions. I promise." I said as I kissed her forehead. 

"And we understand that. And we don't want to ever hurt you Isla. Now is this fght over with? Can we finish packing because you all leave soon?" Mum said and I smiled softly at them before turning to Maddy who nodded. 

"I'm done fighting." 

"As I am. It was a petty fight anyways." I whispered as I stood up and placed Diana on my hip. 

"Good, now why don't you bring that yellow dress I bought for you?"