Chapter Sixteen: Easter

Isla of Sussex

April 20th, 2014

I held onto Harry's hand as we climbed out of the car and waited for everyone else. It was Easter and we were just about to begin our walk to Windsor Chapel.

Today Harry and I were the first to walk with everyone behind us as Will and Kate were still on their tour and Charles and Camilia were on tour as well.

Behind us out climbed Prince Andrew with Beatrice and Eugenie. Then climbing out of the car behind them was Edward, Sophie, and Louise.

"Is it weird for you two to be walking first?" Beatrice asked as we hugged all of them.

"Beyond weird. Easter last year I was still pregnant." I said and Andrew chuckled before we began our walk towards the church.

"But I won't complain. It has been a long time since I took first hand of things." Harry said as he held my hand and we began to walk up the walkway to the church. Out stepped the Archbishop and he walked up to Harry and me and shook our heads.

"Is Her Majesty on her way?" He asked and I nodded.

"Her Majesty and Prince Phillip shall be arriving any moment," I said as we all lined up against the wall and soon a car arrived.

Out stepped Her Majesty wearing a pale blue dress coat and hat. The Archbishop walked to meet her before she began to make her way up the line. When she got to Harry and myself I dropped into a deep curtsy and smiled at her.

"Hello, Isla."

"Hello, Your Majesty. You look lovely today." I said as I stood up and kissed both her cheeks. She smiled at me for a moment before I smiled at Prince Phillip and bowed my head.

"Hello, Ducky." He whispered as we all turned and followed Her Majesty inside the chapel. I smiled at the children that were in the choir. Harry led me to the second pew and we walked all the way to the end before sitting down.

I grabbed the program that was placed on the seat below us. I opened it and smiled at all of the songs.

"Do you have a surprise for me this year as well?" I asked earning Harry to chuckle.

"I did invite Maddy and your mum to join us but they said they visit your old church," Harry whispered as the music began and the choir began to sing.

"My father goes with the same traditions every year. Let's hope they don't meet in the middle." I whispered and Harry covered his mouth to stop from laughing.

"And if they do?"

"Dios Tenga Piedad de ellos." (God have mercy on them) I muttered as I rolled my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~' Three Hours Later ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Long may she reign: May she defend our laws, And ever give us cause, To sing with heart and voice, God save the Queen!" We all finished singing before the Archbishop stepped up and smiled.

"And with that, we shall conclude this service. Bless you, all." He said and I reached for my clutch and program.

"Why does it feel like this service was longer than last year," Eugenie asked as we followed Her Majesty out of the chapel. I smiled as a little girl handed Her Majesty a bouquet of photos before turning to me.

"Your Highness, these are for you." She said and I smiled as I bent down in front of her and smiled as she handed me a bouquet of white lilies.

"Why thank you? Lilies are my second favorite flowers." I explained and the little girl smiled as she blushed.

"Do you like them?" She asked and I nodded as I stood up and held my flowers in my arms.

"I absolutely love them. Thank you so much." I said as I held her hand and gave her a squeeze before turning to see Harry staring at me.

"What?" I asked and Harry smiled at me.

"Nothing. Just seeing how amazing you are with the children always puts a smile to my face." He said and I grinned at him before we took a couple of steps and I saw Her Majesty waiting for us with Prince Phillip.

"Have you spoken to either Catherine or William?"

"A couple of days ago. We know they are busy with their tour." Harry said and Her Majesty raised an eyebrow at us.

"Really? I am sure you two called almost every night." She said and I stared at her for a moment before sighing.

"Have they not check in with you or have they done something bad?" I asked and Her Majesty cleared her throat.

"No, just would wish they would check in with me. I am not getting any younger." She said and I smiled softly.

"Speak to them. They have to listen to you." Harry said as her car arrived and we bowed our heads again to her. As Her Majesty climbed into the car Phillip turned to us.

"Shall we see you soon?" He asked and I smiled as I stared at him.

"Of course. I'll bring Diana over soon for some playtime with her grandpop." I said and he smiled before nodding his head to us and getting into the car. We all watched as the car drove away and once it was out of sight we all began making our way to our cars that we were waiting up the street.

"I was thinking," Harry said as he held my hand. I waved to the paps and tried my hardest not to flinch as I heard the many clicks.

"Thinking of?"

"Another little one. You said we could start trying once Diana turned one." He said and I raised an eyebrow at him for a moment before smiling.

"I did say that. Didn't I?" I asked and he chuckled.

"So can we start trying?" He asked as our security opened the door for us and I climbed inside first.

"We can start once we get home, Ginger."

@DailyMail_UK: From our lovely Duke and Duchess of Sussex, wished us all a very Happy Easter! May you spend this day with your family