Chapter Six: Welcome Banquet

Isla of Sussex

February 1st, 2014

I pinned the order on my left shoulder before grabbing my earrings and slipping them on.

I looked over at Harry and saw him fixing his medals before turning to me.

"Wow! You look gorgeous!" Harry said and I smirked as I stood up and walked towards him.

"I am wearing your favorite crown," I said before he kissed me softly.

"I know, you look wonderful!" He said before he offered me his arm and we walked out of the room and down the stairs towards the banquet hall.

Already waiting for us was Crown Prince Fredrick, Crown Princess Mary, Princess Joachim, and Princess Marie.

"Where is Her Majesty?" I asked as I kissed Fredrick's cheek before hugging Mary and Marie.

"She usually waits for us before we enter the hall. So the cameras can capture us curstying to us." Fredrick explained and I smiled before taking my arm away from Harry and took Fredrick's arm.

"You look very beautiful today Isla."

"Thank you, Fredrick," I said before we all lined up and the music began. I watched as the guards opened the doors and we began our way to the hall before the banquet room. True to Fredricks's words Margarethe and Henrik were waiting for us.

Margarethe stepped towards Fredrick and me and grinned. Fredrick bowed his head and while still holding onto his hand I bowed as low as I could.

"Isla, you look wonderful!" Margarethe said as I kissed both of her cheeks.

"Thank you, Your Majesty," I said before she moved towards Mary and Harry.

"Wonderful curtsy. I thought only Mary could do that." Henrik said and I let out a laugh as I bowed to him before kissing both his cheeks.

"I haven't been able to do that since before I gave birth to Diana," I explained before Margarethe joined us and Henrik offered her his hand. I smiled softly at the cameras before the doors opened once again and we began to walk inside.

Whoever had designed the banquet hall had down a wonderful job. Light blue bows sat at the back of each chair and the dance floor was right in the middle.

I allowed Fredrick to lead me towards our table and we stood behind our chair. I glanced around the room and saw the press as well as people from our tour team and members of parliament as well.

Her Majesty waited until everyone was by their seat before stepping towards the microphone.

"Welcome! Welcome, all! Tonight we hold this banquet to welcome Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Sussex!" She said and a spotlight found Harry and myself earning us to wave.

"They are here for two weeks in order to strengthen our relationship between England and Us. We shall welcome them with open arms and make sure they would love to come back. Now everyone sit and enjoy tonight!" She finished and we all clapped.

Fredrick helped me by pulling out my chair for me. I sat down and he pushed my chair in before servers began to come out with the first course. We were all handed a wine glass full of water as well as red wine and a small chicken salad.

"So are you excited about your visit with Mary to her foundation?" Fredrick asked and I nodded.

"Yes, truly I have never traveled out of England before marrying Harry. Sweden truly was my first tour and I'm very excited to see Denmark." I explained and he smiled as he sipped his wine.