Chapter Fifty-Three: Mourning

March 27th, 2015

Isla of Sussex

I sat on the couch as Diana played with her toys as Minnie Mouse drowned the noise.

Six days ago I got the worst news of  my father dying. Theo was in a coma but he was okay now. He understood what had happened but felt as if it was his fault. The scream that came out of my mothers mouth still replays in my head.

They were married for over twenty years and together God knows how longer. Harry and Charles had to pry me off of my fathers body and I just wanted to stay there.

The baby is perfectly fine. Me on the other hand? I wanted this all to be a dream. To not be real.  To not have bury my father. Press has been horrible. Harry and Will has had to hire extra security.

I heard the door opening and I looked to see Charles coming inside. I smiled as he held a bouquet of Lillie's.

"Hello Charles. No Camillia today?" I asked as he went over to Diana and gave her a hug and kiss. The entire Royal family has been stopping by the past couple of days. Bringing food or whatever they felt was best. Camilla was the one who brought us all home. She slept in Diana's room and cared for her while Harry cared for me.

'Your mother called me. She wanted me to help you plan the funeral." He said and I took a deep breathe and nodded.

"Why me?" I whispered and he sighed.

"They believe you to be the stronger one. Andrew has locked himself away in his room. Theo gets out of the hospital today." He offered and I sighed.

"He wasn't the best but he was my father. Why was he taken? The person that hit them? Wha of them?" I asked and Harry looked towards his father.

"He has been arrested. He is in prison. That's all I'm telling you. Her Majesty is allowing us if you'd like to hold his funeral at The Royal Chapel of All Saints at The Royal Lodge."

"My fathers life insurance won't cover that."

"I will. You are family Isla-" He began but I shook my head as I stood up.

"He was my father not yours. He would've hated a royal paying for his funeral." I began as I felt the tears well up again.

"I don't know why I cry. He was horrible to me. I met all of you cause he didn't want me home for the holidays. He covered by brother faking his death!"

"But here I am crying and not eating and blaming myself for being a horrible daughter for not being there more. I feel like I am useless. I don't-" I cried out before taking a deep breathe.

"I don't know what to do, please. Just tell me what to do."

Charles stared at me for a moment before bringing me into a hug. I sobbed into his chest for a moment and I heard Harry walking out the door to most likely take Diana to Will and Kate. 

I stood there for a couple more minutes before pulling away and sighing.

"I don't know how to plan a funeral."

"That is why I am here. Come let's sit at the dinning table. William bought me this iPad and heavens know I don't know how to use it but I can type." He stated and I laughed as we walked to the dinning table. There was already tea on the table waiting.

"We get your father a lovely casket. Chestnut mahogany. We get his pastor from your home church. What were his favorite flowers?"

"Lillies. Lillies were his favorite."

I saw Charles eyes soften and he nodded.

"We get wreathes of Lillie's. Different kinds and different colors. We find the best photos and videos anyone has of him. We look for the best poems we could find to represent him."

"I don't know how to thank you. I want to keep it small. His parents are dead but his siblings are alive. My tia Rose and my Tio Roberto. Of course anyone from the Royal Family."

"Her Majesty wishes to come. So does my father." He said and I nodded.

"Of course. I know they mean well. I just haven't had the heart to respond to either of them."

Charles nodded as he poured the tea for both of us.

"Grieve is a mysterious thing. When I got the call about Diana, I-." He began before he inhaled sharply and placed the cup in front of me.

"I was in shock. I sat there for a while and just stared. When I saw her body- I know what you are going through. That is why I offered to help."

"Thank you Charles."

"You're family."