PART - 43

Note - Long Chapter, read at your own risk

**************************************************************

Ashley stood there shocked, she was demoted to a position she started in the organization with, 14 years ago ?? That was worse than losing her job, No ?? Maybe she could resign now and ask for an experience letter with the same position she was currently in, She could do that right ?? But, John's next statement shattered her hopes...

"Prepare all the papers regarding the demotion and send them to Mr. Khan for approval", John ordered his subordinate...

Mr. Khan is the president of Acquisition and Mergers for almost all the businesses under R Empire...

"Tha...That's unfair... John... let me at least present my case at the grievance board", Ashley pleaded...

"You want to challenge the king's decision ??", John asked amused, she gulped, she knew she was taking a daring step, but if she was demoted, her whole career would be destroyed, she wanted to submit her resignation before she receives her demotion orders and it takes time to change in her profile, but John's urgency to get it done that instant scared the hell out of her... Now, she can't even resign...

"But... That's unfair... His Royal Highness was unfair to me", Ashley argued, Isha fumed, she started feeling bad for the woman, but the moment she accused her husband, all her sympathy dissolved into thin air...

"Ms. Parker, I wouldn't be saying that if I were you... I would normally choose not to answer, but today I will", John said, his attention turned to Isha for a second, his eyes instantly bowed down offering his respect, the queen was here, in front of whom Ashley just accused the king. John can see Isha's fury and feels he should answer Ashley... "You chose to accuse the king of unfair treatment in front of people without thoroughly thinking, he demoted you to the position you first started with because, that was the position where an individual is taught about the terms & conditions in the Employee Contract of the acquired & merged businesses, so now, go there and learn from the scratch, if you don't want to, you are free to resign...", John said before turning to Bharat... "Make sure the process is completed on all levels till EOD", he ordered

"Mr. Khan is on a business trip to NYC", Bharat said

"Detail him the issue in a goddamn meeting Bharat, and get a scanned approval... Do anything, just get it done till EOD", John said before walking away...

"Attending disciplinary committees, to make you ask for forgiveness, We made you do everything but your ego didn't let the point reach your head, Hm... ??Anyways, get ready with an explanation, Mr. Khan will have a word with you after I finish detailing the issue to him, Since you report to him, the official dismissal of duties will be done by him personally, and you can join in your new role today itself after the procedure is completed...", Bharat said and walked away, followed by his team...

They would have officially dismissed Ashley by themselves without explaining anything to her superior, instead, they would have just taken the approval over an email and get done with the procedure themselves but it's Mr. Khan she is reporting to, Zahid Shah Khan, who has a close relationship with the king, and one among the very few people the king respects...

Gradually everyone returned to their workstations to gossip about the scene that just happened...

"I so wanted to give this bi**h the taste of her own medicine...", Reetu said walking ahead but Isha held her hand...

"That's what cowards do... try to break the already broken ones, you are not a coward Reetu... Let's go and work...", Isha said softly, giving one last look at Ashley who glared at Isha as if she would kill her, but Isha didn't care, she walked away calmly... She didn't care about how or what Ashley thought of her...