CHAPTER 15, STEAMPUNK FACTORY.

Evelyn walked down the aisles, Maisy close by, following her like a little pet.
" listen," Evelyn turned around.
" the place we must go is hidden here. It has a secret entrance, and we must find it." She told Maisy.
" oh okay" they both walked off, looking around for a secret passage.
" found it yet?" Evelyn called.
" nope"
Maisy then saw something unfamiliar, it was a wall, gold and shiny. The others were just navy blue.
" hey," Maisy called Evelyn over.
" look at this wall" she pointed in the direction of the gold-plated wall.
" this has to be it!" Evelyn told her.
They both crept closer up to it.
Evelyn knocked on it three times, and then made a weird bird noise.
The shaft opened to see a bird with freen fur and a staff of some kind. It wore a gold and white gown.
" hello, Evelyn. Who's this?" He asked, looking at Maisy.
" she's one of the elements, you should know, scourge."
" I guess so, I've just been very busy with all this chaos nonsense." Scourge said.
" can we come in?" Evelyn asked.
He nodded and they both treaded inside.
" woah," Maisy exclaimed.
" yep, this is the steampunk factory." Scourge told her.
There was many greenish birds inside, just like scourge, that were working on a mechanical looking wing.
" those wings, we call them steampunk wings. They are for the birds that have failed wings, so we give them a mechanical one with cogworks and screws and all that sort of stuff" scourge explained.
" wow, that's great!" Maisy said, talking to the birds in bird language.
" now, what was it you wanted, Evelyn?" The old bird croaked.
" we need the amulet." Evelyn told him.
" I know you have it, where is it?" Evelyn asked, looking around for the chaos amulet.
" I can give it to you," scourge replied.
" under one condition." He grinned. Evelyn shot a glance at Maisy, but she was too busy with the worker birds.
" what, why? It's just an amulet?" Evelyn raised her voice, but then quickly went silent.
" just an amulet? That was the last piece of Sophie we ever had! And the amulet, it can unlock things crazier than this dimension" scourge then turned away.
" but I will give it tho you because I know I can trust you" he then called out so everyone would gather round.
" Maisy, Evelyn, I will give you the amulet, but you must give me something in return."the green bird stamped his staff to the floor, and vines shot up.
" what's he doing!" Maisy yelled.
The vines turned around to reveal the amulet.
It was very pretty, with a glittery, golden outline. Its base was purple, with a few yellow swirls inside of it. It was very shiny and well protected.
" wow" Maisy looked and smiled even at the thought of holding it.
" here," scourge placed it in Maisy's hands.
" now go, I'll see you soon" scourge shewed them off.
" thank you, scourge!" Evelyn said, waving as they went out the shaft.
" now, Maisy girl. We'd better get you home-and just as you promised, you'd take me back with you" Evelyn said.
" yeah, now let's go!" Maisy replied, and they both fled for the portal, which was quite far from the steampunk factory.