CHARTER 35, THOSE WORDS..

The moon was rising. The wind felt like shards of glass, and scarlet couldn't bear it anymore.
She got up from her bed and closed the window,  crawling back into bed right after. She got in the covers. If you can change her, you can  change anything . Scarlet thought of the familiar words that Izzy told her the previous day.
" what does she mean by that..." she said in a whisper.
" I just really wish Sophie was here" she said, staring at the sky from her bed.
" maybe I'll see her soon...after all, she said she'd be back, right?"

The alarm clock beeped like it was on its last day on earth- which it was, if it kept waking scarlet up a minute before six.
She got up and stretched, twirling her fingers through her dark brown hair. She heard a knock.
" hello?" Scarlet went to open the door.
" hi. It's just me, Kal." He said.
Scarlet eyes opened wider to see him outside her door.
" I'm just here because, well I'm feeling terrible. Lizz said she wanted to break up..and...well I just thought I'd come to you" Kal admitted.
Scarlet smiled. Does he like me now?
" oh, I'm sorry Kal." Scarlet said, trying not to be happy about the situation.
" I was wondering," Kal sweated, looking at her.
" do you wanna go to dinner tonight?" He said.
Scarlet flashed an eager look to go, but then something shook her.
This is what I've always wanted...but why don't I want it anymore? Scarlet looked away.
" I'm sorry...Kal. I don't want to go with you" scarlet gave him an awkward hug, then closed the door.
Kal looked in despair, and looked to the floor.
" I should go" he treaded over to his room.