CHAPTER 38, ON THE SEARCH FOR..?

Opal looked around with Izzy, searching the grounds of the ancient ruins.
" no cane here" Opal said.
Izzy looked over to Opal, " no cane here either" Izzy knitted a drink, that then became real, and drank it.
She offered it to Opal, who was looking around and calling canes name.
" no thanks, I got my own" Opal smiled.
Izzy felt taken aback, but carried on looking any way. Izzy felt pain in her heart. She thought of what they had, more then 1000 years ago, a friendship bond that could never break.
Until Opal had betrayed her, and Izzy was left alone after that.
Although Opal apologised, Izzy couldn't quite shake off the horrible feeling she had felt. Yet she still accepted it.
" how about we look in the castle, instead?"  Izzy asked.
" no, there's no point. I lived in there before the elements of friendship invited me into their tower." Opal said.
Izzy nodded.

Scarlet looked around.
" what am I doing! I don't know where Sophie is.." scarlet said as she pulled up a map.
She scanned through it, only to find 7 locations on it: the friendship tower, the ancient ruins, the chaos temple, the cloud palace, the forest of sin and evil, town square and bear lake.
" maybe the chaos temple?" She asked herself.
But she gasped when she realised how far it was from here. She'd have to take a very long walk.
Or....maybe she could try teleporting!
So scarlet did, and did exactly what oasis had said in her memory.
She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.
" I want to go to the chaos temple" she said, breathing out and in.
She slit her eyes open.
The wind blowed, and she gasped at the sight of the chaos temple.
It was beautiful, yet it was very different here.
The sky was purple, and the stars shone already when it was morning.
" it must be something to do with chaos...maybe she is active!" Scarlet raced to the door of the temple, and tried looking through the key lock.
She couldn't see much, which bothered her.
" I need to get in there."
"Maybe I can teleport...but I doubt it will work, I mean this is the chaos temple." Scarlet said to herself.
I'll try it anyway.
So she did, and followed each step as before.
She called the name of where she wanted to go and opened her eyes. She was still outside.
" ugh!" She stamped her foot in anger. Suddenly, a stone-like box appeared from the underground. Scarlet looked down and realised where she had stomped was a step, that was...a button?
She walked over to the button that had appeared. She pressed it.