CHAPTER 40, ONE-WAY TICKET FOR AN ELEMENT REUNION.

The forest had started to darken. They were entering the dark forest, where moonlight lived. They had to be careful.
As Izzy and Opal treaded through, they were regretting their decision.
" should we really look in the dark forest? I mean, moonlight lives here" Izzy jerked her head as she said the last part, with warning and fear.
" I know...but we have walked for so,so long. Even if we turn back now, with my super speed, we would need to wait hours to get there."
Opal sighed.
"Let's just make this visit here quick, and find cane."
Izzy nodded.

As they ventured through the dark, eerie forest, Izzy caught something in her eye.
" what was that!" She screamed and pointed to where it sounded from.
Opal looked and then gasped when she turned around.
A huge Cerberus growled hungrily at her, its tongue lolling out its mouth.
It snarled at them both, and Izzy and Opal exchanged a look of certain.
" let's do this!"
Suddenly, Opal ran round the Cerberus very quickly. The three-headed dog, that was twice their size, snapped and swayed its head. The Cerberus growled, but Izzy quickly made a muzzle preventer for it to prevent injuries.
It swayed its paw at Opal, who was still running, but then the Cerberus fell to the floor with dizziness.
Its eyes glowed with evil and hatred as it glared from its side.
Opal got out a kantana, and sliced it through the ruff fur, that was matted with mud and blood. A yowl erupted from the three-headed dog, as blood soaked its fur.
" come, it should stay there for now" Opal gestured.
Izzy nodded, out of breath from the fight.
As they carried on their walk, the growls and breathing of the Cerberus had stopped as it wasn't in earshot anymore. They then came across a huge, huge, HUGE cavern, it was marked with symbols of prophetic power and elemental strength.
" do you think this is where moonlight is..?"
Izzy asked.
" best be quiet, moonlight goes in here to rest..." Opal said quietly, trying to make a step without being heard.
" wait... are you sure she could be able to hear us? After all, she's  100 times our size..she couldn't even kneel down to hear us surely!" Izzy said.
Opal shrugged.
" better safe then sorry" as they tried to walk away from the cavern, Izzy stopped in her steps.
" do you hear that?" She asked Opal, who turned around to see what Izzy was up to.
" what?"
" follow me."
Izzy tip-toed to the cave, and put her ear to it.
So did Opal.
" this is so stupid-"
" shhhh!" Izzy tried to listen, and Opal fell silent.
" we are going to attack the elements of harmony, and the elements of friendship. We'll show them what true Friendship is, and what harmony really looks like! We will strike in the midseason, because I know that they don't have all the elements reunited to defeat me! But you, possibly. Isn't that right QUAK'BR?" A voice, calm and sinister, sounded from the cave. It was moonlight.
Opal stared in shock at Izzy.
A WAR?!
They kept listening, and could hear the sway of something, which sounded like a huge tail of some kind.
Then they heard a growl.
" of course, but do you really think those elements can defeat me? I made the evil elements of QUAK'BR, I can just tap them and they'll be with me" a deep, slightly croaky voice erupted from someone inside, obviously the QUAK'BR.
" we need to warn the others." Opal warned quietly.
Izzy nodded.

They had left the cave, and they were no longer fearful of seeing moonlight, as they had passed her already.
" lookout!" Izzy called, and Opal looked up and saw a bone alicorn, that was gravely flying and neighing as it flew at ultimate speed down to them.
" I can't use my speed for this, it's just as fast!" Opal called, Izzy looked worried.
The alicorn put its head down, and a magical surge of evil power erupted from its horn.
" dodge!" Izzy said, scrambling in her pockets for her magic hook.
Opal didn't have time, and put her hands over her head.
She then blinked.
" Opal, you can open your eyes" a rough voice said.
She did, and was surprised. It was cane!
" cane!" Izzy ran over.
" you kicked that alicorn in the but! How with just one punch?" Izzy asked.
" I have super strength, duh. Anyway, what are you two doing out here? You know it's dangerous" cane said, stretching and yawning.
" we really need you at the tower, you see.. a war is going to start and we need all the elements" Opal said.
Cane looked with concern.
" a war? With who? And, why should I come? I'm a draft element." Cane asked.
" because your still in the reunion prophecy!And, scourge is there too" Izzy said, cane looked shocked.
" scourge is there? I haven't seen him for years! I'm sold! I'll help you with this little war of yours" cane smiled with ambition.
" yes! Okay. Now let's get back home"

The Cerberus breathed in an out, its eyes starting to fade into death.
" breathing in the dark, lying on its side." The QUAK'BR whispered.
He took out a large claw and dragged the Cerberus in to the dark depths of the dark forest.