CHAPTER 17, THE BOOK.

" good morning," Opal greeted.
" how was your sleep? I heard a lot of racket in the night"
Maisy was sweating. Opal was awake when they got home?
" oh, yeah uh my sleep! Yes sleep it was great" she showed an awkward smile and put a thumbs up." Uh, is everything okay, Maisy?" Opal asked, and Maisy decided to just get breakfast.
" Maisy!"
Kindness whipped her head to see scarlet.
" come over here! Right now." The last two words were said with gritted teeth, and Maisy knew this meant trouble.
" what is it?" Maisy looked over at Opal, who was starting to look  confused.
" the items! We got last night, we need to hide them!" Scarlet whispered.
" you okay! I'll go get the amulet, where shall I put it?" Maisy asked.
" in my room." Scarlet nodded and stalked off to tell the others.
Scarlet looked around to see if the others were up, but it was only Opal and Maisy.
" Leo! Open your bedroom, right now!"
The door opened slowly with a creak, to reveal Leo with a cup of coffee.
" Do you have any of the items from last night?" Scarlet asked.
" no, but I know Lizz, Kal and Maisy did." Leo stretched, and put down his coffee.
" I'll come with you if you want"
" alright, you go to Lizz and I'll go to Kal." Scarlet said, and they split up.
She then noticed Kals door, as it had his name engraved in it just like the others.
" Kal?" She knocked.
He opened the door, and scarlet asked for the Titan blood.
" here," he handed it to her, and looked at the floor.
" do we have to wait till night? I can't wait that long" Kal moaned impatiently.
" well, I guess not..." scarlet thought for a second, there was nothing in the book about doing it at night, so was it a problem if they did it in the daytime?
" we can check with Maisy! Wanna come along?" Scarlet asked.
" yeah sure."

" scarlet, I've got all the items from Maisy and Lizz."
It was Leo.
" great, hand them to me." Scarlet ordered.
He did at once.
" alright. Candle,chalk,Titan blood,amulet. Perfect!" Scarlet smiled.
Now I need to get that book.
" be right back guys, I'm just gonna go over a few things with Maisy. Does anyone know where she is?"
" yes, she's with Opal in the kitchen" Leo pointed towards the stairs.
Scarlet dashed down the stairs and into the kitchen, Maisy was talking to animals whilst Jewel was doing her makeup.
"Maisy! Come over here!" Scarlet waved.
She crept over to scarlet.
" yeah?" Maisy asked.
" I need that book,"  scarlet told her.
" please hand it to me- I'll give it back after I promise!" Scarlet pleaded.
" sure! Just make sure to give it back" Maisy handed the book to her and waved goodbye.
Scarlet walked off into her room.
She put her hand on the huge book, it was definitely old.
The elements of harmony, the front cover said.
There was a picture of a strange face with eyes like spirals, and curly hair.
" weird." Scarlet thought.
She opened the book.

How to summon thy Sophie.
• candle
• chalk
• titans blood
• the CHAOS amulet.

Thy amulet is indeed extremely powerful. Use at own risk.
- Janet willsburrow.

"This book isn't even written by Sophie herself!"
Scarlet flipped the page to see if there was more information about when you must do the ritual.

For once you summon thy Sophie, make sure she is peace, the element of harmony. For when you cast this spell at night, do not run, as you must fight. Win in a battle and you won't get haunted, lose and you'll die, but do it in day and you struggle will become less dangerous. sophie is the most powerful element, and if you anger or upset her, you must face the consequences. Be careful when summoning the once kind element. As she won't always do what you contend.

" woah," scarlet focused.
"Maisy missed a lot out of warnings, but we will still do this. It's for the greater good." Scarlet closed the book and returned it to Maisy.
" thanks for the book," scarlet said.
" we are doing the ritual today, in the daylight. Meet at the old oak tree just outside." Scarlet nodded and went to tell the others.