Part 31

-Oz-

*As he drifted to sleep, he felt himself in a new perspective. It was like a dream, but not quite. Everything looked like it was through foggy glass. Suddenly he heard a scream and he flipped around to see Alex's apartment. No matter what he couldn't get closer to what appeared to be Alex screaming and choking.* "What is this??" *He banged on the glass that separated him from what was happening. He could see himself with her, only forcing her down by a chain.* "STOP, STOP!! What is this?!" *He continued to bang on the glass, but no one heard him. All he could do was watch as this sicker version of himself hurt her over and over. He couldn't bear to hear her screams of pure terror. That was all he saw before he woke up, gasping for air, in his bed. He was drenched in sweat yet the room was so cold.* "I'm showering." *He groaned to himself, doing anything to get the icky sight he watched from his mind.*

-Natalie-

*Natalie smiled gently over at Jonathan. He seemed so tense.* "I'm sorry if you had plans tonight, Doctor Crane. You seem like you really want to get out of here." *She jokingly teased him, letting out a small giggle when his head snapped over at the sound of his Professional name.* "No, it's not that. I just don't feel like you must get me this." *He shifted on his feet as she placed a hand on his arm.* "Oh, stop that! I told you I wanted to. Bruce could take a nap and make the money back." *She thought of Bruce and how often he'd leave at night and the patient who claims he's the Batman. It still made no sense to her; Bruce could never. Her thoughts were interrupted when the salesman walked over.* "Hello, hello! Lookin' for a new car?" *Natalie cringed as the big man extended his hand towards Jonathan and herself, which ended in only her shaking his hand. How come everyone in Gotham had the sleaziest aura about them?* "Yes, we are." *Natalie smiled politely and he gestured towards the shiny blue car.* "We want this one."*

-Alex-

*She felt her life draining away, she couldn't struggle anymore. But just as she was about to let go, Alex felt Oswald let up on her. She gasped, gulping for air. She collapsed onto her bed and looked around Oswald was gone, just disappeared. As confused as she was, Alex didn't dwell on it, thankful that she was alive. Lucifer mewed and laid on her chest, purring to calm her down. *"I'm going mad."* Alex whispered, stroking his head. *"Mad."*

-Jonathan-

*Once Natalie had paid for the car, Jonathan offered her a ride. *"I know things didn't go so well last time, but now that all of the maniacs are off the road..."* He told her. *"She wasn't a maniac, Jonathan, and you know it."* Natalie corrected. *"I was actually thinking we should check up on her... she didn't seem okay when we left."* Jonathan smirked, knowing his fear serum had no doubt been activated by now and was driving her crazy. *"No, she should be fine."* Natalie looked as though she wanted to protest, but decided not to. Jonathan opened the car door for her, and she climbed inside. *"This is nice."* she told him. *"Uhm, yeah... thanks for buying it."* He said, earning a smile from her.*