Part 58

-Oz-

*He was glad everyone was watching. They could all see that Alex was his and he was hers. He smirked, beaming, and wrapped his arm around her again as they walked. Oz smiled, looking down at Alex's hidden profile.* "Are these people making you uncomfortable, babe? You wanna go somewhere with fewer eyes?" *He chuckled as Alex nodded quickly. Owen and Butch helped them get back to the limo. After they settled in, Alex spoke up.* "What's next, Oz? Everything's been so great; I don't even know what we can do next!" *She smiled, a pink dust rested on her cheeks.* "Well, the next place is a little out of Gotham... I hope you're okay with about a 40-minute drive?" *He smiled. He wanted to surprise her with the last place. Alex thought for a moment. 'What if this was a part of some plan to kidnap me?' A voice in Alex's mind spoke, but she quickly pushed it away. She was gaining her trust in Oz back and it made them both brighter.* "Okay, I trust you." *She breathed out, Oz smiled and kissed her gently again. Butch continued to drive them to their destination. It was getting dark outside which made Alex raise a brow,* "Oz?.." *But he already knew what she was going to ask.* "I wanted to wait until the stars were out before we got there." *He admitted sheepishly as they made their way closer to a nearby planetarium. Alex gasped with excitement.* "I rented a few places out for you tonight."

-Natalie-

*She hummed as she tapped her foot.* "I don't know!" *She smiled and gathered her notes and files, putting them up.* "I kinda need a ride home from you. Do you want to stay for a bit?" *She looked at him hopefully. Jonathan nodded and smiled at her,* "I'd love to." *Natalie waved goodbye to Harley before they made their way to his car. He opened the door for her again before getting in. Natalie nodded along to the radio before speaking,* "Oh, yeah! I didn't even get to tell Bruce I saw Batman! He's gonna be so jealous." *She laughed to herself a bit as she tried to recollect the night. She thought back to the first kiss they had and to all the others today. Jonathan rolled his eyes at the mention of her brother, still annoyed by his attitude that morning.* "He's always out there at night." *Natalie smiled. She wished she could see him every night too, standing right next to Jonathan in his penthouse. She quickly stopped herself from thinking that. She didn't even know what they were, all they had done was kiss. She continued to hum along to the songs as they drove.*

-Alex-

*When Oz told Alex it was going to be a 40-minute drive to their next surprise location, she was immediately suspicious. Her mind tried to convince her it was a kidnapping, but she quickly suppressed those thoughts. After what happened the last time he'd 'kidnapped' her, she didn't think he would again. Seeing as it was going to be a long drive, Alex scooted onto Oswald's lap and wrapped her arms around his neck, resting her head in the crook of his neck. *"Don't fall asleep on me, my love."* He whispered in her ear. *"Mmm, I won't"* She mumbled. He pulled up the hem of her skirt so he could look at her scars. Alex glanced down at them, watching as Oz ran his thumb along a particularly long one. *"I'm so sorry for making you do this to yourself."* He said quietly. Alex felt a little bad that he blamed himself for her own fit of hysteria. *"Ozzy, it wasn't you... it's my hallucinations, my dreams... my fears. They were making me feel helpless, so I panicked- they were driving me crazy. Maybe I am crazy. Maybe I do belong in Arkham."* Alex whimpered, not liking the thought of ending up there. But Oz hushed her, placing a comforting hand on her knee. *"You'll never end up there, I promise."* Still, he felt a tear on his neck. He moved Alex so that she was facing him and wiped away another tear. *"Alex, listen to me. Everything is going to be okay. I would never let anything happen to you, and I will never harm you. There is no need for you to worry about anything anymore."* At these words, Alex felt a year's worth of tension release, but she let it out in the form of tears, knowing no other way to release it. *"You don't understand how much that means to me!"* Alex sobbed into his shoulder, hugging him tightly with her good arm. Oz smiled softly and held her, glad she finally understood that he only wanted to give her her best life. She cried almost the whole way there, calming down when she looked outside and saw the night sky. *"Oz?"* *"I wanted to wait until the stars were out before we got here."* He admitted. Alex spied a planetarium outside and gasped. *"Oh! A planetarium! Cool."* She said excitedly. *"I rented a few places out for you tonight."* He told her. Alex felt him kiss her cheek as they pulled up to it. This night just kept getting better and better.*

-Jonathan-

*Jonathan listened to Natalie hum along to the Classic Rock station in his car. He was never a big fan of it, but it was growing on him. He drove to Wayne Manor, the way becoming familiar to him. When they went inside, Bruce was actually home, although he looked as though he was ready to go out. Bruce's face lit up when he saw Natalie, but when Jonathan followed her inside, his smile faltered. *"What are you doing here?"* He asked as Natalie gave him a quick hug. *"Geez, Bruce, I invited him over. But I'm actually glad you're here! I saw Batman last night, and I forgot to tell you!"* Jonathan watched Bruce's reaction carefully. If it wasn't for his trained eye, he wouldn't have noticed Bruce's expression grow worried for a split second before it returned to a casual smile. *"Oh really? And where were you?"* *"At my penthouse."* Jonathan answered for her. *"He comes by quite often, it is... interesting."* *"Just interesting? I've never heard anyone describe Batman like that before. Although I've heard them call him a freak or a vigilante, some even say he's handsome."* Bruce said. *"Hm, that's a strong word."* Jonathan chuckled. Natalie sighed. *"Guys, please!"* She huffed. *"Especially you, Bruce, Jonathan is a guest! And are you really going somewhere? Again?"* *"I have a charity party to go to tonight. You should come!"* He offered. *"I mean, Wayne's are automatically invited to everything, so you don't need an invitation."* Natalie made a face. *"Those parties are boring."* Natalie told him. Jonathan chuckled. *"I can attest to that, I've been to my fair share."* He smirked when Bruce rolled his eyes and walked to the door. Finally, Jonathan would have some proper alone time with Natalie.*