Part 36

-Oz (Harley)-

*"If I get fired, I'm blaming you." *Harleen sighed as she called the Asylum and called out. She sat beside Alex and scratched Lucifer's head.* "You wanna walk? Let's practice walking." *Harley bounced up and was at her friend's side. She helped Alex up slowly. Alex would breathe in sharply with every movement; it hurt but she wouldn't be seen in any more pain.* "Agh!" *She screamed out more in frustration than pain. After countless hours of trial and error, Alex could take about five steps normally.* "Wow! I love you, but I honestly only said let's practice 'cause I thought you'd realize how much it hurt and stop. Look at you now, Alex!" *Harleen congratulated her, but Alex knew it wasn't enough. What if Oswald came back? What if Jonathan Crane really wanted to hurt her? Alas, she was too sore to continue. Harley helped her lay back down in bed where Lucifer immediately came and laid beside her.* "I don't know, Harley, I really need to get better, like... Now..." *Her eyebrows were furrowed together.* "It takes time. Aaand rest. Besides, I'm staying here tonight! I cannot have you doin' something else to yourself."*

-Natalie-

*Alfred and Natalie were sat at an outside table. It was a rare good day. She examined the menu, getting distracted by Alfred tapping her shoulder and pointing. It was Jonathan. Her eyes lit up in surprise as she waved, a big smile on her face. Jonathan made his way to the table.* "Hello, Natalie. Alfred." *He greeted.* "Hi, Jon! Did you get your washing machine fixed?" *His brows furrowed in confusion for a moment before remembering,* "Oh, yes. It shouldn't be causing me problems anymore." *Alfred spoke up to be polite.* "Why don't you join us? Natalie and I were just getting some brunch. I might even have a mimosa!" *Alfred hummed. He was always funny, but he could let loose around Natalie a bit more than he could around Bruce. Natalie looked at Jonathan hopefully, not caring if her desperation to spend time with him showed on her face. Jonathan almost said yes. His eyes shut tightly as if it was hard to say what he wanted.* "I'm sorry, Miss Wayne, I am terribly busy today." *Natalie's face dropped but she still smiled. He hated the sight, but he really couldn't risk falling for anyone. He needed to stay away.*

-Alex-

*Alex ended up falling asleep again after Harleen loaded her up on pain medication. She began to dream once more, this time, finding herself on a cruise ship in the middle of the ocean. She was wearing a bright pink bikini, not her first choice in real life, but then again this was a dream. Glancing down, she also saw that her scars were healed. It was daytime, but she was alone on deck as if she had the whole cruise ship to herself. But she quickly found out that she didn't. A tapping on the deck of the ship coming from behind her signalled that Oswald was there as well, his cane striking the deck of the ship as he walked. Alex's heart beat faster out of fear, but when she tried to turn around to get a look at him, she found she couldn't move at all. She was stuck standing, stiff as a plank. He made his way around her so he could see her face. *"Finally, it is just us two, my pet. There are so many things we could do..."* He reached out and pulled on one of the straps of her bikini, letting go so it snapped back, making her flinch. *"...so much trouble we could get into."* A tear rolled down her cheek, as she couldn't protest in any way. Oswald reached his hand out and brushed it away. *"Don't worry. Ozzy will make you feel better."* He pressed himself up against Alex and kissed her, entangling his hands in her long, brown hair. Without breaking their kiss, Oz's hands moved down her back to her bikini, which he untied, pushing the straps off her shoulders so it fell... Alex woke up in a cold sweat, fresh tears staining her face. Harleen, who was lying beside her shot up when she heard Alex crying quietly to herself. Harleen wrapped her arms around Alex's shoulders and pulled her close. *"Another bad dream?"*Alex wordlessly nodded as Harleen rocked her back and forth, soothing her as best she could. The blonde sighed as she saw that it wasn't even five o'clock yet. She had a long evening ahead of her."*

-Jonathan-

*He wished he wasn't so busy that he had to deny Natalie's request to join her and her butler for brunch. He would rather do that than walk around the narrows, looking for someone who definitely didn't want to be found. He could tell Natalie desperately wanted him to hang out with her. He could see it in her big, beautiful eyes, and it was adorable. But, he couldn't. She was on his mind as he walked the streets of the Narrows, looking for any sign of the younger Kyle sister. However, when he realized he was getting looked at by almost everyone around him, he focused more. He knew he stuck out, but he didn't think it was that bad. He was so busy looking at the people around him that he ended up running into a big man. He was tall, intimidating, and seemed very angry at Jonathan. *"Pardon me."* Jonathan muttered, trying to make his way around the man. But the man wouldn't let him pass. *"Do you have any idea who I am?"* The man asked. Jonathan raised his eyebrow. *"I could ask you the same thing."* The man crossed his arms and sneered. *"I'm Sampson. I run things around here, you see. And I don't like the looks of you."* Jonathan glanced around and realized he was being surrounded by Sampson's goons. *"You say you run things around here, and here you still work under Penguin."* Jonathan pointed out with a smirk, knowing he was pressing his luck. *"I don't think Oswald would like to hear that you've been beating up random citizens in the Narrows. His attitude angered Sampson. *"I think he'd make an exception for you."* He snapped his fingers, and the men around Jonathan started closing in. He sighed, reaching into his pocket and procuring several doses of his fear serum, glad that he kept some in every coat. *"So, we're really doing this, huh?"* Perhaps this wasn't such a bad thing after all. If Sampson ran the narrows, maybe he knew where Selena was. However, Jonathan needed to take care of his goons first... and that wasn't going to be a problem.*