Promise

'Everything I do is for you
And I really do adore you
You're getting so big now
You're making me so proud cuz
You are such a star
And you know that you are'

Island Point Bronx, New York
Belcalis Almanzar

"Let me get a bite" I open my mouth and she pushes a chicken nugget in my face which I take half a bite out of.

"Yo why you so silly?" I laugh as she giggles taking a bite out of what I had left of the dino nugget.

Her smile was so contagious you couldn't help but smile when you seen them lil dimples sink in her face.

Ever since that night I had stopped by to get my things and I picked her up in that doorway we had been attached to each other, our bond was everything to me.

I really was going to stay away at first but I decided against it and went to visit her, and the more time I spent with her the more our bond grew, everytime I went to see her she would always cry when I was about to leave and since then she's had me wrapped around her chubby little finger.

I bought this house out here just so she could have her own backyard, if it wasn't for her I would still be living in the city.

I could honestly say she was changing me for the better.

"Where my baby doll at?" Henny's voice sounds from behind me and I smack my lips.

"Why you always just walking in? I know for a fact momma taught you how to knock" I playfully mug her as she walks around the couch.

"Shut up, I know for a fact momma taught you how to lock a door but ya door still ain't never locked" She rebutes with a chuckle scooping nari up before plopping down on the couch.

"Look at those dimples" Henny cooes smothering nari with kisses and nari giggles still eating her nugget.

Henny and the rest of everybody around me fell in love with her of course, it was hard not too. 

She had a big family on my side cause she was loved by all my peoples, and even though my peoples couldn't stand Onika everybody put they issues to the side for nari.

Both her birthdays been lit and thankfully drama free despite the tension.

"Speaking of ma she been asking when you was gone bring nari by to see her, grandma, and dad?" She asks sitting nari on her lap so she could finish her food.

"I might swing her by today but if not I'll make my way over there tomorrow" I tell her and she nods.

"Imma let her know cause I'm tired of her buggin me, she act like you don't got a phone" She rolls her eyes and I softly laugh shaking my head.

All my parents and grandma did was spoil nari, she was two now and they still wouldn't put her down despite her running around everywhere now.

"Tell grandma cook me some chicken feet and I'll bring her tomorrow" I smirk.

The Next Day
Manhattan, New York
Onika Maraj

"She's already with her, you not about to keep asking for her when you know she's with cardi. Last weekend was your time and you had every excuse in the world as to why you couldn't pick her up now you want her" I roll my eyes locking the door to the doctor's personal restroom.

"It shouldn't matter, that's not her blood, I'm her father! I should be able to get her whenever the fuck I want to!"

I close my eyes taking a deep breath before I lost my temper, he made it so hard to keep the peace.

"I'm not having cardi drop her back off when it's literally only been a day that she's had her, if you want to see her so bad do it when it's your weekend" I manage to calmly speak before ending the call right before his bitchy "court" rant.

Letting out a deep sigh I lay a hand on my forehead.

I was so sick of quavious, he was determined to make my life a living hell and he was so bitter he used my daughter against me to do so.

He didn't even care about his daughter like a father should, he never picked her up when he was supposed to and he only wanted to pick her up on cardi's time.

It was so sickening how evil and bitter he was.

I don't know how many times I sincerely apologized to this man for leading him on, he didn't care about healing himself and closure he just wanted to hurt me back one hundred times worse.

He was always threatening to take me to court to get full custody, even though I knew I would win I also knew how long and messy that process was so to keep him "happy" I granted him every other weekend to spend time with her.

I always knew his intentions cause he literally never bothered to see her until word got back to him that cardi was doing what he should've been doing in the first place.

I just really don't want to drag everything to court but if this petty vendetta he had against cardi continued I might be forced to take those steps.

He just needed to grow up and be in his daughter's life for the right reasons or just stop coming around all together.

Belcalis Almanzar
Bronx, New York

"Mami stoppp" I whine as my mom pinches me on my side again.

"Bring her over sooner next time" She slaps the back of my head and I smack my lips rubbing the back of my head.

"It ain't even my fault, her mom stupid ass baby daddy don't like me and be getting in my way"

"Why?"

"I don't know, I ain't never did nothing to him. He envious I guess" I shrug sucking the meat off the chicken feet.

"Mmm, just make sure you don't wait two weeks to bring her back to see her grandma next time" She squints her eyes at me and I shake my head chuckling.

"I hear you mami"

"Más princesa?" My mom smiles at a messy nari, she had chicken juice and rice all over her clothes but that plate was clean.

"Sí" She smiles flexing her small deep dimples.

My mom was determined to teach her Spanish and she was doing good so far, she understood basic words and phrases and could respond with one or two words in Spanish most of the time.

With the help of my mother I'd have her poppin her shit in Spanish in no time.