Break From Manhattan

'Play with my heart
Like the strings on a guitar
I'm going far
When you catch me, I'll be on Mars'

2 Weeks Later
Malibu, California
Belcalis Almanzar

"I miss y'all so much" I pout looking at everybody on the otherside of the screen.

Henny, star, erica, bianca, mariah, rio, and king had flew out to visit me last week on our visitation day and they would've came again this saturday but they had business in florida which I understood.

"We miss you too, we gotta go but we love you and we can't wait until you come back to the city"

"I love y'all too, be safe"

"Always" E smiles blowing me a kiss before ending the facetime.

Standing up I walk over to the main building turning the iPad back in, we had to give our devices up so we only had electronics on their time.

The facility was beautiful, I had my own cottage along with many others and the rest of the guests here had rooms.

It was refreshing falling asleep to waves crashing instead of the busy streets of new york.

It was so peaceful out here, the vibes was just different.

Detoxing was still hard especially since they wouldn't allow me to smoke any bud so I had no choice but to go cold turkey.

My sweats and shivers hadn't gotten any better but I knew over time the suffering would be worth it.

Walking back pool side I resume my seat in the pool chair letting the beaming sun bounce off my skin.

"Hard facetime call?"

"Hanging up is never easy" I simply respond as he took a seat in the chair next to me.

I met Lamar my second day at the facility in one of the meditation classes, he was pretty laid back so we vibed instantly.

He was in here for alcoholism and pills so we kind of clicked off the strength of that too, he had also just arrived a week before me so we kind of figured out how everything worked here together.

"I know it all too well" He softly sighs throwing his arm over his eyes.

"What I would do for a blunt right now" I sigh and he chuckles.

"C'mon cardi you know I'm high risk, don't bring up no substances around me. Make me fuck around and sign myself out this bitch" He chuckles as I laugh.

A few people couldn't take the withdrawals and ended up doing just that too, I hoped they'd eventually get better.

"Don't tempt me, only thing keeping me from doing just that is my kids" I speak truthfully.

"You know we in the same boat, I gotta get better for my mini me, I can't wait to hold him again" Lamar had a three month old son which was the reason he committed himself in the facility, his sons birth was a wake up call for him.

"Meanwhile I'm missing the whole pregnancy, it'll be worth it when he get here and I'm sober though"

I hadn't spoken to onika since the last time I saw her but henny kept in touch on my behalf and told me her and nari was good and the baby was healthy which was all that mattered to me.

"Hell yeah, keep that in the back of ya mind and you'll be back in good health in no time"

Cool beads of sweat covered my body, the liquid making my hair stick to my forehead as I lightly shivered gritting my teeth.

This was worse than hell.

The sheets under me were damp from the sweat collecting under my body.

I layed on my side with a pillow under my arm which I squeezed tight as I went through my episode.

I hadn't slept all night but I knew I'd eventually pass out once the sun started rising, I just needed to get through the night.

Clenching my eyes I let my mind take me to a different reality.

Visions of home flash through my head, not new york but the brownstone in Manhattan that I preferred over my own house in city island.

The sound of little footsteps running across the floor fills my ears and my body feels warm despite my shivering.

Her tiny smile and those deep dimples flash next and I softly smile feeling warmer than before.

I missed that smile so much, it was one of the only things keeping me here.

Softly sighing the vision switches to the older version of her.

I missed that smile too, I was desperate to see it again.

My mind falls blank and I let out a small breath of air, the shivering had stopped.

Relaxing my eyelids I keep them closed as my breathing evens out from it's previous erratic pattern.

Still squeezing the pillow tight I drift off wishing it was her warm body that was tucked under my arm.