Stay

'Not really sure how to feel about it
Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I can't live without you
It takes me all the way
I want you to stay'

2 Weeks Later
Malibu, California
Belcalis Almanzar

Slowly exhaling I held my current position until the instructor directs us to assume regular stance.

"Alright group, great work today go enjoy your lunch" The middle aged blonde haired womans bright teeth beam in the sunlight as she dismisses us from yoga.

"Finally, my back hurting like a bitch" Kendrick groans and I let out a small chuckle shaking my head.

"You got any visitors today?" I ask as we began walking to the main building where the kitchen and all main essentials were.

"My moms and brother supposed to be coming thru but that's it I think, you?"

"They ain't tell me nothing, all my peoples busy" I shrug opening the door to the building.

"They might pop out next week then, you never know" He replies as we walk in the small cafeteria.

"I'm not buggin" I yawn walking over to the start of the long tables of food, picking up a plate I slowly moved down the line putting anything that looked appetizing on my plate.

"Whoever in the kitchen did they shit with these wings today" Kendrick smacks on a wing as we sat down at a table nearby.

"Close ya mouth" I laugh picking up a wing of my own.

"These hoes smackin"

"Literally" I mumble and he smacks his lips playfully mugging me.

"I'm done" I softly laugh.

"Anyways, you think you gone be ready to leave here next month?"

"Hell yeah, I'm feeling way better. I haven't been having no withdrawals lately, all I need is this last month of treatment to solidify my recovery"

I only had one month of treatment left and I was definitely looking forward to the date, I was getting better every day.

"So you really ready to return to the big apple?"

"After my month over yea, I'm not going back to the same environment that got me here in the first place so that just makes it easier for me. When I leave here I'm looking at it like a frest start"

"Facts, me too. You better keep in touch with me too nigga, come visit ya boy or sum"

"We definitely gotta link on our own terms" I nod agreeing.

"Now you got me wishing we met before this, the turn up ain't gone be as real. Niggas gone be drinking ginger ale and popping ritz after this shit" He shakes his head as I bust out laughing.

Onika Maraj

"She should be arriving shortly" The short haired caregiver smiles before walking out of the small visitation room.

I nervously bit the corner of my lip, my leg bouncing under the table as I anxiously waited upon her arrival, I knew she wasn't expecting any visitors today so that's probably what was taking her so long.

My heart pounding in anticipation just at the thought of me seeing her let me know that I missed her more than I had convinced myself.

This past month I had weighed what Michelle said heavily in my head, and she was right. I hadn't completely let go of all of cardi's mishaps.