Sacrifices

'Then I packed up a bag and I trapped it up North on the path of a star
And I ran into you like I met you before
Now damn, me and you going half on a boy'

3 Days Later
Island Point Bronx
Belcalis Almanzar

My head snaps to the side of me at the sound of my phone ringing.

Scrambling off the bed I snatch my phone off the nightstand quickly answering seeing it was the doctors office calling.

"Hello?" I frantically answer, my heart rushing.

Half was from the anxiety that had built and the other half was from the drugs I had been filling my body with these past couple of days of me being locked in the house.

I had to take xanax just to sleep and during the day I was always on edge so I smoked and popped a few pills to calm me down which hardly worked.

I missed therapy for the first time and I could already feel the shame creeping up on me at the thought of facing Michelle knowing I had relapsed.

"Mrs. Almanzar?" The nurses voice cuts into my deep thoughts.

"What's the results?" I ask getting straight to the point.

"Everything came back negative, we'll be sending you the results through the mail, you sh-" Hanging up the phone I took the deepest breath of my life.

I have never been so relieved in all my years, I wasn't cut out for this shit at all, this situation was another wakeup call that I needed, I had to let the fast life go.

I was 26 now, I had a hell of a run, and it cost me a lot but I wouldn't change a thing.

I would forever cherish the memories I had with each individual, but this was the end of an iconic era.

I knew forsure that I was clean now so I felt stable enough to go handle my business, I hadn't been picking up nobody calls but I contacted henny once and told her to take nari to daycare for me this week.

I missed my princess, I hadn't seen her in almost a week now.

Nic had been blowing me up too despite me telling her not to call and that I'd get back to her, I definitely had to stop over there to see what was up.

I had more important things to handle before stopping by there though.

Opening my messages I went to my archives clicking on the only thread there.

To: King- I need to discuss something with you, where can we meet?

He hit me right back almost instantly.

King- I'm guessing it's finally that time, swing by the crib lil sis.

I half smile locking my phone.

I probably looked like shit but I didn't have the energy to change out these sweats and hoodie, so I made my way to the door.

Manhattan, New York
Belcalis Almanzar

I stood outside the door rockin on my feet as I waited for her to open the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's me" I mumble but I knew she heard me cause I heard the locks turn.

The door swings open and she eyes me up and down taking in my appearance.