Dancing With a Stranger

'I don't wanna be alone tonight
It's pretty clear that I'm not over you
I'm still thinking bout the things you do
So I don't wanna be alone tonight'

Saturday Night
Manhattan, New York
Onika Maraj

Cyn💕- Come on nic, when's the last time you went out?

I look up from my phone in thought, ever since my beautiful baby girl came in my life my entire existence revolved around her.

I had one more free night before cardi dropped her off tomorrow and I didn't know if I wanted to spend it in the club.

To: Cyn💕- I'll think about it

Closing out her thread I went to my facetime calling cardi cause I wanted to see my baby girl before she went to bed.

It rung two times before she answered.

She already had nari on her lap so she just passed the phone down.

As soon as I saw my babies smile I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face.

"Hi mommies baby" I gush.

"Ma" She smiles putting her whole face in the camera making me laugh.

There's not a day that goes bye that she doesn't brighten my day, I was so grateful that god blessed me with her.

We stayed on facetime for about 10 minutes before she got too distracted with something else.

"This kid yo" Cardi chuckles and I could hear nari's little feet rumbling against the floor.

"She acts just like you" I softly laugh.

She really did act exactly like cardi, I would always catch her making the same faces as her and she just overall had that cardi goofiness to her.

"I can't even argue with you" She laughs.

"I'm still wondering how you and that bum ass nigga made such a gorgeous human being" She smirks and I scoff rolling my eyes.

"First of all that's all me, I did that. Second, how many times I gotta tell you to watch ya mouth around her?"

Nari was at the age where she copied everything she saw and repeated everything she heard, and if my baby came back home cussing me and cardi was gone have a serious issue.

"Chill she be in her own little world, you always trippin off little shit"

"Sit!"

I gasp loudly in shock and cardi's jaw drops before she busts out laughing.

"That's not funny cardi, I'm gone fight you" I cover my mouth to hide my smile as I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from joining cardi in her laughing fit.

I could hear nari giggling in the background right along with cardi and my heart flutters at their beautiful bond.

"Yoooo" Cardi laughs wiping the tears from the corner of her eyes.

"I love this kid son" She chuckles sobering up from her laughing fit.

"Get my baby in the bed, it's past her bedtime" I shake my head with a smile.

"Say bye to mommy nari" Cardi says scooping her up putting her back in the camera.

"Bye mommy" She smiles waving her small hand in the camera before cardi gets back in the camera.

"You want me to drop her off in the afternoon or at night tomorrow?"

"I might be out tonight so I'll let you know when in the morning"

"Yo thot ass friends pressuring you to go out tonight or sum?" She nosily asks making me roll my eyes.

"My friends are not thots"

"Lie again"

"Whatever cardi, get my baby in the bed"

"Mhm, you enjoy ya night, don't do nothing I wouldn't do" She softly laughs.

"It ain't too much you wouldn't do" I rebute throwing slight shade.

"I'm not even gone entertain ya pettiness tonight, have fun nic" She chuckles ending the facetime.

Sighing I flop back on the bed looking up at the ceiling.

Why couldn't the universe just do me this favor one time and gravitate her back to me.

I had everything I wanted in life, my dream job, a beautiful daughter, everything except her.

Blinking away the pool that had gathered in my eyes I pick up my phone opening my messages.

To: Cyn💕- What time you picking me up?

Island Point Bronx, New York
Belcalis Almanzar

"I miss you" I pout poking my bottom lip out and she laughs at my antics.

"I miss you too but you can wait one more day" She smiles and my eyes drop down to her plump lips.

"Come over" I blurt without thinking.

"Now you know" She playfully rolls her eyes and I smack my lips looking at her.

"She ain't gone know cause you ain't gone post nothing this time"

"She sleep?"

"Duh, it's wild late she been sleep now come thru" I smirk as a message slides down my screen.

E🤞🏻- Yoo ya bm in the club wildin 😭

"Yo text me when you outside" I tell her before ending the facetime and clicking on the message.

It had a video attachment which was 3 seconds containing nicki in some club grinding all on some nigga obviously drunk.

To: E🤞🏻- lol good for her, she haven't got lit in a hot minute

E🤞🏻- Sheesh you don't care?

To: E🤞🏻- Why would I care? 😭 you buggin

E🤞🏻- You not over her though whore

To: E🤞🏻- I don't have to care just cause I'm not over her slut, that girl can do whatever she want 🤷🏼‍♀️

E🤞🏻- Oh y'all over over😭😭

To: E🤞🏻- Duhhh🤦🏼‍♀️

E🤞🏻- I don't care for her but I was still rooting for y'all on the lowest of keys😭

To: E🤞🏻- I'm telling star🤭

E🤞🏻- Bitch you better not!

Cackling I exit out her thread opening karins.

To: K🥵❤- You better be on ya way

K🥵❤- Lol you not running nobody

To: K🥵❤- You don't be running from my tongue, fingers, and strap?

K🥵❤- Lmaoooo you outta pocket😭

To: K🥵❤- I haven't touched you in 2 days, you getting rounds tonight

K🥵❤- Have the door unlocked!

Exiting out my messages I get up to go unlock the door.