Trust

'Hood fame, everybody know my name when
I come through
But don't nobody scream it like you'

4 Days Later
Bronx, New York
Belcalis Almanzar

"Cardi you looking good ma"

I send a smile and a wave his way as I walk past.

I had the whole block lit, and this was just the pre turn up.

"Cardi come take a shot!"

"Come through the gates and let's get it poppin!" I shout in the brownskins direction as I walk across the street, the whole projects was outside on this cool September saturday evening.

Walking in the gates I head straight for the middle of the complex where everybody was always gathered.

"Yo we bouta tear the strip up tonight" E exclaims excited.

"That's a fact, who got the henny? I'm ready to get litty like a fucking titty" I smile.

"I got the henny on deck" I hear from behind me and I swiftly turn around seeing the brownskin girl and her group of friends from outside the gate.

"Pour me up then" I smile slightly tilting my head back, she was taller than me so I didn't have to do too much.

Gaping my mouth the rim touches my bottom lip and the liquid is poured in my mouth.

I was good for about two shots in then I tapped.

"Okay mami, I see what type time you on tonight" She smiles flashing her pearly white teeth.

"We bouta hit the strip in a minute, y'all should come party with cardi" I smirk already feeling myself off the dark liquor.

"Startlets?"

"Of course"

"We'll be seeing y'all" She smirks walking past us with her friends following behind.

"How that bitch gone come over here and only give you a shot? I should've snatched that bottle out her hand" Bianca mugs the back of the girls head and I cackle with star and E.

"Fuck all that, the club got all the henny we want waiting on us right now" Hennessy says getting bianca's attention off the girl.

"We not going yet though, just smoke a blunt or something bianca, you want a pill?" I dig in the pocket of my jean jacket holding the two mini ziploc bags out, both containing three pills each.

"I guess I'll have one" She rolls her eyes and I smack my lips pulling my hand back.

"Bitch you want one or not?" I question with a sternly raised eyebrow.

"Yes" She spits through gritted teeth.

"You need one, trash ass attitude" I laugh pouring one into her waiting palm.

"Fuck you" She mumbles slipping it in her mouth.

"Let me get one too" E says holding her hand out and I side eye her pouring one in her palm.

"I think I'll take one" Henny says sticking her hand out and I mock her under my breath as I pour one in her hand.

"Yea let me get one too" Star speaks and I huff letting the empty bag fall as I open the full one, she holds her hand out and I place one in her palm.

"I-"

"No, you not getting one" I cut Mariah off shaking my head as everybody else stifles their laughter.