Theif In The Night

'We break up to make up
This won't be our first time
Our second or our third time
You said some things, I said some things
I hurt your feelings and you hurt mine
Lord knows that you hurt mine'

3 Days Later
Belcalis Almanzar
Manhattan, New York

"... and that's what happened" I finish taking a well needed deep breath after replaying the events that took place 3 days ago.

"So essentially that was how you two said your final goodbye?"

"Exactly, a lot of emotions transpired during the moment but I left with closure. Satisfied with how I left this time because I didn't say farewell right the first time, and for us and how our relationship was it just didn't feel right for us to leave it like that"

I really was gone miss karin and all her boastfulness, she was one of the few people that could match my energy and that's what I adored the most about her.

In another life she would've been everything I was searching for, we would've been great.

"I completely understand, you have a specific love language and I honestly didn't expect anything less from you. The problem is that you have to heal from the loss of her in your life, and will Onika understand?" She slightly raises her eyebrow and I sigh softly resting my head on the back of the couch looking up at the ceiling.

"How would you feel? Seeing your significant other hurting over somebody else?"

"It shouldn't be how I would feel, that would be selfish. I'm not saying that it wouldn't be tough to see but I would have to understand and give you as much time and support you need to heal" She responds and I slightly smile.

"Marry me" I smile lifting my head to look at her and she laughs shaking her head.

"Look belcalis, you have to tell Onika what transpired between you two and explain that you're going through a healing process. You can't help how you feel, she was there when onika wasn't so of course you grew strong feelings for her, at one point of time she was your only support system. Now you're letting all that go it's natural to mourn that loss, the only thing she can do is understand and give you time" She concludes and I nod, she was right.

I knew onika so I knew she would naturally be hurt but I also knew that she loved me too much to cause me more pain by not coming to terms with the situation and understanding where I emotionally was at right now.

"Yeah you're right, I'll go see nic as soon as I leave here and confess everything. I'll see you next week" I sigh standing up making my way to the door.

"Good, and belcalis?" She calls and I turn around with my hand on the doorknob.

"Don't ever go four days without speaking to her again, the woman is carrying your child for christ sakes. Take her feelings into account too belcalis"

I grimace pondering on her words, I wasn't even thinking of how me ignoring her and the pregnancy hormones might've been affecting her.

I really was the worst.

"I'm still a work in progress Michelle, don't give up on me" I sadly smile.

"Never in a million years, now go fix it"

I silently walk past her scooping up an excited nari rushing towards me.

"I missed you" I smile pecking her cheek.