Growing Apart (To Get Closer)

'I watch her feelings watch me
As they staring with the saddest eyes of loneliness
Look each other in the face and barely blink
Tried to make it right but the pen ran out of ink'

1 Month Later
Island Point Bronx, New York
Onika Maraj

Walking in the house I close and lock the door behind me, walking through the foyer I walk in the living room smiling at the sight of cardi and mir sleep on the couch.

Slightly shaking my head I walk in the kitchen sitting the grocery bags on the island.

Item by item I start filling the fridge and cabinets back up putting everything in it's right place.

Once I was finished I discard the empty grocery bags in the trash can.

Deciding that a nice hot bath would be everything right now I make my way through the living room and head upstairs.

I was finally feeling like myself again, this past month had been very dark for me but I was finally seeing some light.

Post partum was so draining, I felt disconnected from the world while I was going through it and I was so grateful that it was finally wearing off of me.

Walking in the room I go straight into the bathroom, going over to the tub I got some bubble bath water started.

I waited until the water was filled nearly to the top before stripping out of my clothes and stepping into the steaming water.

Relaxing myself I grab the remote to the TV which was laying on the edge of the tub, turning the tv on I flip through the channels contemplating on what I wanted to watch.

"Onika come get yo son" My head snaps to the doorway and laughter erupts from my throat soon after.

She had baby throw up all over her chest and neck, and mir was just smiling in her arms as happy as he could be.

"That shit not funny" She rolls her eyes coming beside the tub dipping her hand in splashing me with the water.

"Moveee" I whine through my laughter.

"Nah it's funny right?" She chuckles walking out the room with him in her arms.

"How hot is that water?" She asks from the room.

"Too hot, put him in the sink or in his baby tub" I reply finally settling on a channel.

"Imma just put him in the sink" She walks back in the bathroom with her shirt off and a naked mir.

She got his baby towel and his wash before halfway filling the sink and sitting him in the water.

"Y'all woke up and he threw up on you?" I curiously question.

"No, he woke me up by throwing up on me" She replies and I quietly giggle.

"Keep laughing nic and imma make him piss on yo ass" She chuckles and I smack my lips side eyeing her.

"It was never that serious" I mumble.

"By the time I'm done washing him up you better be out that tub too cause I gotta take a shower"

"I am shut up" I mumble.

"Imma let you slide cause my son right here, don't get yo ass beat though" She chuckles and I playfully roll my eyes focusing on the tv.