Can I Live

'Like the phone when she heard the news
Her sister on the other line talking to her shoes'

2 Weeks Later
Manhattan, New York
Belcalis Almanzar

"I like this one, the details mad fire" E points through the glass case.

"Yea it's decent" I mumble taking a quick look at it.

"You acting like these shits gone bite you or something" She laughs and I slightly mug her.

"Shut up, I ain't never did no shit like this before. You supposed to be my support system, you trash"

"Girl fuck you, I done pointed out some icy pieces. You just scared to look at em" She laughs looking in the case.

"This shit got my stomach bubbling yo" I groan rubbing my stomach as she leans on the glass case laughing.

"Stop being pussy and come look at this shit" She grabs my shoulder forcing me up to the case.

"Grab me like that again and imma fuck you up" I mumble looking in the case and she smacks her lips nudging my shoulder.

"Point to the one you like again" I tell her and she presses her finger against the glass.

"Ya elephant ear ass got some taste" I chuckle and she laughs flicking me off.

"Ma'am, can you open this case so I could see this one in more detail" I point so she can know which one I'm talking about.

"Mhm, no problem" She walks over sliding the back of the case open picking up the small box.

"You have fine taste" She smiles sitting the box in front of me.

"Thank you" I smirk as erica smacks her lips.

Picking the box up I studied the details for a minute.

"Yea, I want this one" I tell the lady and she nods.

"Alrighty, let's get it ready for you to take home" She warmly smiles taking the small box.

"You deadass huh?" E asks and I nod.

"Yea, this is what I wanna do. I'm not getting no younger and I can't picture nobody else, this is it for me" I smile, satisfied with the future I'm choosing.

"That's mad cute, you know you putting that pressure on me though right?" She chuckles and I laugh shaking my head.

"You know if it happen I'm coming just to fuck up cyn day right?" I smile and she laughs pushing my shoulder.

"You mad evil"

"It's payback baby" I smirk.

Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn
Belcalis Almanzar

"How much you drop for it?" Star asks as I shove the tiny box back in my pocket.

"Light 50" I reply and she nods.

"It's beautiful, I'm proud of you" She smiles and I throw my arm around her neck pulling her in a hug.

"You saying that means everything to me, I needed that approval" I tell her truthfully.

Star was my bestfriend, we had been through everything together so her opinion always meant so much to me.

She had never steered me in the wrong direction, she always had my best interest at heart no matter how much I didn't like the decisions sometimes, we was gone be right by each others side until our last breath so I needed her on the same page as everything involving me.