Part 22- Scared😱

Please,
VOTE,COMMENT and FOLLOW.

I had called everyone possible. From the lawyer to Nma, my mum and Nathan's parents.

I was waiting for Nma to arrive so we could go together. The lawyer said he would drive directly to the station.

I was in so much panic that I couldn't possibly do the driving myself.

The door bell rang and I ran towards it like I was expecting a saviour.

Opening the door, it was Nma just as I thought.
Seeing her only brought more tears to my eyes.

She immediately held me so tight while trying hard to avoid breaking down in tears herself.

"Nma I'm so confused, I'm scared and totally clueless. I don't know what's happening. This is an obvious temptation, I'm sure" I tried to force out those words as my voice was now hoarse.

"Everything would be alright Amara, let's just get to the station and make sure he is in safe hands"

Getting to the station, we met the lawyer ,Timothy, who claimed to have met with Nathan already.

He said he had been put in a cell.

I couldn't have believed it if I was told that my husband would sleep in a cell just two weeks into his marriage.

What was actually happening?

It would be a relief to wake up and find out that it's all a nightmare.

"Okay, but can we at least see him, or even bail him?" I asked stammering as I tried to hold back the tears.

Nma was holding me close to her all the while.

" Currently, his bail has been placed at #500,000. And so far, I've been making arrangements for his court hearing to start soon " lawyer Timothy said.

"Why has his bail been placed so high? What happened to bail is free?
I currently don't have that kind of money, and I don't have any access to his accounts" I cried out loud.

The lawyer was quiet.

"Can we at least see him?", I asked again.

" I would ask, but I feel they would just let only one more person for today" he said as he walked towards the counter to meet an officer.

"Thank you so much" I said truly grateful.

I kept crying in Nma's arms as she consoled me.

I knew my mum and Nathan's parents were on the way at that point.

"I think you should go see him now, the officer is calling you" Nma said and I turned abruptly to face the caller.

He led me into a room which had just a bench and a fan that was tired of turning.

It was hot in there and I was uncomfortable already.

Then what would Nathan be going through in there?

I was worried for him.

When he came out, he was without a shirt. But he still had his trouser on.

I rushed to him and held him so tight , his cuffs were off.

"Nath are you Okay?" I asked as I held his face trying to find answers in his eyes.

But his face was expressionless.

"How can I be okay? These people out here are treating me like a criminal!!" He shouted bitterly.

The officer there gave us a stare.