Part 8-Bad timing😶

This lovely chapter is dedicated to hensmazamoi my second wattpad follower. Thanks big time.❤🤗

"Nma, I know you've been avoiding me like a plague and I'm really sorry about all I said to you. I was angry and I blew things out of proportion. I don't think it's enough reason for our friendship to end. We could just talk things over and become normal again please "  I spoke calmly into my phone.

It was a voice note and I had just sent it to Nma on WhatsApp.

Ever since she left my house, we've not seen. Our conversations have only been over the phone.

It's just been cold and we both try to avoid talking about personal issues.

It has never been that way with Nma and I didn't like that it was lasting this long. It's been 3 weeks already since the incident and we've not met or had a real talk.

Why's Nma taking this stuff personal though?

I want my friend back!

I dropped the phone on the couch and almost rolling my eyes, I turned to face him.

'Are you happy now?' I asked as I folded my arms over my chest and looked away from Nathan.

It was his idea for me to speak to Nma again about the incident. He wanted me to apologize even though I had done that a thousand times.

'Yes I am. At least you know you've gotten that out of your chest' he smiled.

' Well, it wouldn't be out until she says I'm forgiven and things get back to normal'  I wasn't looking at him.

My eyes were on the television but I wasn't interested in the program though.

'You ladies surprise me' he shrugged waiting for me to ask why.

'Why's that?' I looked at him

'This wouldn't bring a 3 weeks quarrel for we guys. I mean, you ladies can go a long while keeping malice and not feel bad about it. Why not just talk things out?'

' I'm not the one keeping malice in this case. I've tried to make things right, it's just not working'

'Maybe because you are the culprit. You would do same if you were the victim' he said as he drank water.

'I bet I wouldn't' I said thinking a bit about it.

'You wouldn't keep a malice with a friend that says you are a whore?' He asked arching his brows.

I was quiet.

'I didn't mean it that way, I just told her the truth' I said after a while.

' well, I can't say if it's true or nay, I haven't met her yet'

'No you haven't' I replied calmly.

We went quiet.

Nathan and I had become close in the past 3weeks. He would come over usually in the evenings and go back home at night.

I got used to having him around. And I think he liked my company too.

'Clear your head, it's not the kind of close you are thinking about'
We were becoming friends...

I mean, my only friend has been avoiding me ,so he became a fall back.

I  didn't have close friends, loosing Nma was like loosing all friends.

I kept pressing buttons on the remote. It seemed like these channels didn't want me entertained.

I felt him relax deeper into the couch and his head turn towards my direction.