Part 26- A consoling gift🤗

I dedicate this wonderful chapter to LovethOsuala. She has been really supportive 🤗.
Thank you so much.

Please🙏,
VOTE,COMMENT
and FOLLOW.

A day after the incident, I found myself back in the prison premises.

I remember waking up to see Nathan's mother and Nma by my side.

My head ached slightly as I tried to sit up.

"What happened to me? I can't even tell" I said as my mother in-law placed her hand carefully over my back to aid me up.

That act of hers was very surprising to me.
She had always been verbal in showing how much she didn't like me, so it was surprising to see her help me sit up.

Nma walked towards me with a smile on her face as she sat beside me.

She reached for my hand and said
"The doctor told us you are pregnant"

My eyes and mouth widened in shock
"Oh my God, Nma no pranks this time please" I cried out in excitement.

"No pranks" she laughed as she handed the envelope over to me.

I opened it hurriedly and read through it.

Looking up, I found Mrs. Agatha smiling right before me as she embraced me wholly.

I cried excitedly into her arms as she held me so tight.
I could tell she was super proud that I was having a baby for her son.

So there I was in the visiting room, waiting to break the news to Nathan.

I saw him walk towards me and it was obvious how lean he had become.

I was about to let worry overcome me, but then I waved it off as I saw him smile at me.

"Amara, you've grown so lean. Are you even eating? Hope you don't think about me so much?" He asked worriedly as he sat opposite me.

That was always his question anytime I visited.

"You look lean too. I wish they would let me bring you food. Do they feed you at all?" I asked reaching for his hands.

He nodded as he smiled at me, holding me instead.

"I have great news" I said smiling excitedly.

His face brightened up
"oh really, something new?"

I nodded still smiling as I reached for my bag and got out the envelope.

I handed it over to him.
He looked at me searching for a hint in my eyes but I just laughed at his uncertainty.

He opened it hurriedly.
I watched his face brighten and his mouth open in surprise.

"Am I going to be a father?" He asked holding back his breath as he awaited my answer.

I nodded as I smiled excitedly.