Part 37- Hang on😞

This chapter is dedicated to those that remember to vote after reading ❤.

~Amara's POV~

It's April again, my birth month.

My birthdays in the last 12 years have always been neutral.

It takes the same cycle, wake up, thank God for life and probably just hang out with Nma and laugh about things.

  But this time around, I am turning 46 and I feel like I have a lot to be grateful for.
I believe I have no excuse not to celebrate.

My business has so far been doing well.
That aside, I feel naturally happy.
I have healed from the grief and pain I was in.
   Nathan and I have been happy despite the distance between us.

We spend time talking about our fears and I've gotten to know him better.

I'm also grateful for Nma,
John actually became good as promised.

I could feel her happiness each time we talked or saw each other.
She was glowing.

Just a lot of things to be grateful for.
So I'm certainly celebrating 46!!.

I've already started making plans for the birthday which is in two weeks time.

Nma is my stylist and has refused to say what style she would be creating for me.

She's been trying to hide it from me.
She says it would be her birthday surprise.
I just hope it doesn't end up being something I don't like.

That is almost an impossibility though, because Nma never disappoints.
She's really good at what she does.

I would go over to her place so we can create the guest list together.

"I should call her"I said to myself as I reached for my phone and dialed her number.
It rang out twice.

I tried again and she answered.

"Is this Amara?" called out a panicking voice.

"Mummy? You came over?" I answered Nma's mother.

"What's wrong?" I asked almost immediately after sensing the panic and light sobs.

Her voice broke into tears and my heart started beating fast.

"I just came into the house now and Nma is lying here in a pool of blood" she cried out in tears.

Her voice was shaky and she was obviously scared.

"Jesus!" I screamed out getting up from my seat.

"I'm confused, I don't know what to do now. She's unconscious and not really talking"The crying woman added.

"There's no one around , her children are in school and John isn't around" she wailed.

"Mummy, call the neighbours or just anybody you can find, I would be there right now!" I said in between tears and worry.

MY YEARS WITHOUT YOUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें