Part 3- Meeting 'him'

'I'm surprised this wedding was almost nothing like a Nigerian wedding' Nma said demonstrating with her hand while the other bore a glass of champagne.

She was really out to kill with her dressing. Her make-up was perfectly blending with the Hall's lights.

'She had to stand her ground against mum. Left to my mum, the guests would be over a thousand' I said sulking at that truth.

The wedding was strictly on invitation ,and that was how they were able to cut down the number of guests.

The guests were basically VIPs and cool headed people. Unlike the typical weddings were there are fights over foods and drinks, nothing as such happened here.

It was really amazing and simple. It was mostly friends and family present . I was proud of all I saw, the decoration and everything.
The event planner really did a great Job.

The wedding was over and this was the evening party, mostly for friends and family.

Mum was all over the place,with her headgear standing out and blocking everyone's view.

In events like this, seeking attention was her priority. She barely sat down, as only moving around could make her noticed.

She wouldn't let the event planner handle everything.

I knew that in no time, she would find a way to introduce me to a few people. This her matchmaking thing that never works and it was getting on my nerves.

I kept watching her and just when I saw her talking to one of her many friends ,I knew she would be up to something.

She exchanged pleasantries with her friend's son and just as I expected, she was looking around for me.

I had already made up my mind that there would be no matchmaking this time. Grabbing a champagne glass from a waitress, I left the hall hastily before she would look in my direction.

It was already dark outside though the street lights were on. I could see a few pairs hanging around. Who said Nigerian weddings aren't for hook ups?

I was sure Nma was already with the best man she had been crushing on all day.

She always had her way with men and was never scared to make it known to them.

I smiled when the cool night breeze hit my skin. It felt refreshing.

I moved away from the Hall's entrance ,counting my steps as I sipped the champagne.

I was care free and loved the feeling I was getting. I danced occasionally to the music resonating and cat walked at other times. What was wrong with me?

Well, it was late already so no one could see me. So I thought. We live just once, isn't that what they say?

I wasn't the type to party so I was making full use of this opportunity. I couldn't even remember the last time I had a party.

Soon it would be Monday again, and I would get back to the hustling as always. So maybe it's now or never I thought.

I was singing along and dancing to my best song which was playing. I knew I was a bad dancer but I didn't care anyway.

I took the steps gentle and slow so I wouldn't miss a step on those cute heels. My short yellow flay gown swayed with me and so did my long human hair.

I was a bit scared that I might find a video of my self on the internet the next morning. At least I looked too pretty to be tagged mad by those hard hearted bloggers,so I let that thought fade.