Part 23- In Here

Please🙏,
VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW.

NATHAN'S POV.

Being in here was a nightmare.

Just one night in here and my skin's swollen from mosquito bites.

I needed to hear just one thing, that I would be going back home to my wife.

"Nathan Amah, you have a visitor" the
Officer said as he opened the cell door.

I stood up slowly and followed him out to the waiting room without questioning.

"Timothy, any hope?" I said desperately as I saw my lawyer seated in the waiting room.

"We just need the money for the bail" he replied.

"I told Amara how to get it, you haven't heard from her yet?"

"We've not spoken since yesterday, but she might be here to see you today" He said.

"Okay" I replied sadly as I looked away from him.

I had my hands on my forehead which ached greatly.

"Well, I'm here to talk about your case Nathan.
You would be appearing in court in two weeks for your first hearing.
But before then, we hope to get you out of here"
he said as he drew out some files from his suitcase which he had placed on the table.

I looked at him and said no word.

"So tell me, do you know this Mr. Kalu?" He asked placing his folded hands on his jaw.

"Look T, I've told you countless times I don't know this man ,never met him or heard his name before" I answered frustrated.

" Nathan, I'm your lawyer on this case and not a detective. There's no point lying to me. My work is to defend you even if you are guilty or not. You have only one obligation which is to tell me the truth!!" He screamed.

"But I'm saying the truth, I don't know this man" I answered.

" then how do you explain all evidence pointing at you?
How do you explain how 50 million naira eventually ended up in your account?"

"What?!!" I screamed in disbelief.

"Look Nathan, I'm not your wife, so there's no need for this disbelief game you are playing right now, just tell me the truth" he said calmly.

I looked at him, and then away from him as tears left my eyes.

"The Mr. Kalu in question is dead. He died from shock." He said.

"What!?" I screamed out loud.

"Why are you shocked?, I thought you know nothing about him?" Timothy continued.

"I don't!!"

There was silence.

"Well, let me brush you through the series of events that happened" Timothy said breaking the silence.

He continued as he stood up, walking around me in circles.

"He had died after finding out he was duped. It appears it was a joint business deal between him and one Mr Okoli. Both business men were to get furniture and aluminium doors worth 100 million naira imported into Nigeria.
It was their first business collaboration. Mr Kalu was in charge of finding companies and agents for the deal" he said pausing when he got to my side.

"However, the fraudsters came into the picture at the point of closing the deal.
From what Mr okoli who is the one suing you says, it appears that the money was paid into the fraudsters account instead of that of the external company being  E and T enterprises.