Part 69- The discovery.

Please Vote and Comment on this chapter.🙏🙏

"I've never been so scared in my life" Tola smiled as she explained what I had made her pass through.

"I got you into the car with the help of the gate man, thank God he was there.
For starters , I thought you were dead" She said laughing.

I bothered less about her utterances and thought more about the pain in my head.
It was less now.

"What did they say is wrong?" I asked fixing my eyes on her.

"She just said you would be fine that a few tests have to be conducted" she replied.

I sighed as I stared at her trying to imagine what a scared Tola would look like.

I already knew what a worried her was like.

"I see you are up. How are you?" The doctor said as she walked in . She was a fat woman in her middle fifties.

"I feel better ,except my head still aches" I complained.

"Oh sorry about that, it should be over in a while as well" she said touching my head.

"What was wrong?" I asked.

"Oh yes, your test result is out" she said offering the paper to me.

"And as suspected, you are pregnant" she said bluntly.

"Pregnant?!" I asked almost at the same time as Tola.

I looked at Tola and she looked away in a way that said " I'm sorry for my reaction"

I hurriedly opened up the paper as though it would bear something different from what the doctor had said.

It was written there too.

"How?" I asked myself more than the people around.

"You have issues with it?" the doctor asked.

I looked at her expressionless.
After waiting in vain for me to answer, she spoke.

"There are a few things we need to discuss regarding this pregnancy, given your age " the doctor said.

"Is she your sister and would you have her stay?" the doctor asked looking towards Tola.

I looked at Tola too and as always, she was confused.

"I..I would leave" she said stammering as she stood.

"No, you can stay" I said not looking at her as tears were forming in my eyes.

"You know my dear" the doctor started out as she sat on my bed looking at me.

"Pregnancy at this age is a bit risky" she said as I turned to face her.

She nodded at what she said when I looked at her.

"You could develop high blood pressure, a type of diabetes called gestational diabetes and you might have to deliver through C-section too" she said sounding so calm.

"Children with disabilities are likely too, down syndrome and all. Miscarriages too are common at this age." She said fixing her eyes on me.

"What would you have me do?" I said my voice shaky as tears began to drop from my eyes.

I looked at Tola again and all I could see was worry and pity.

"I'm not trying to get you scared Ma. I'm just trying to state out the risks for you so that you would be properly guided while making your decision" she said.

"I can't choose for you , I can only explain the risks associated with any choice you decide to make. The choice would be yours and your husband's decision to make" she said.