24. Her

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ✧
┊ ┊ ✦
┊ ✧

Jungkook left in the morning saying would drop an entry at the police station and ask them to arrest the gang as soon as possible. 

You sipped a mug of coffee as you sat at your desk trying to clear the muddle in your head. The words on the computer screen laughed at you and did cartwheels. Maybe you should quit this job and find another one? Possibly start your own business? The idea was tempting, but you didn't have the money for investing.

You sighed and leant back against your chair, placing the empty cup on your desk. 

The door to your office opened and Mark came in, carrying an in-tray. "Hey two new employees came to work today," he informed. "Yeah nice," you slumped your back onto your chair. "One of them asked for you"

"Eh?" You did not interact with people much for anyone to ask for you.

 "One of the new assistant managers, I can't remember her name, she said she'll come to meet you in a few minutes."

"Alright, whatever." Maybe they were coming to ask for a good word from you to the upper people.

Someone knocked on your door a while later and you mumbled "come in" dully.

"Hi Y/n! Nice to meet you again!"

Your head snapped up from your desk the second the waves of her voice hit your eardrum. 

It was Hajin. With a smile on her face. With a hand stuck out for you to shake.

The first thought that entered your mind when you saw her was her beauty. Her hair hung down from her shoulder in soft curls and she wore a tight skirt which sharply outlined her shapely body. Why would Jungkook ever ditch someone like her?

"So you're working here now?" You asked tentatively after she sat down in front of you. You still remembered how you refused to tell her your workplace.

"Yes I found a job... Finally," she sighed, "and I saw your name when I walked past here this morning, thought I'd drop in to say hello. "

"Oh... Nice." That was all you could say as you waited for the bomb to drop, and it did mere milliseconds later.

"So how's Jungkook these days?"

"He's... He's fine I guess, why don't you ask him?" It was a painful enough experience thinking about his girlfriend —exgirlfriend— but did she really have to come to you and ask you about him?