37. Graduation and Interruptions

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ✧
┊ ┊ ✦
┊ ✧

You were just four names away...

"Shit, my butt is itching," Hoseok muttered from somewhere behind you. You reached out a hand around the student behind you and spanked his butt. "Dude freaking shut up, it's too quiet here, people are listening."

"And you mind where you throw your hands, people are watching."

You rolled your eyes and looked back at the front. Taehyung's curly haired head was visible in the front row, angled to the side as if he'd suddenly turned his head to the front. He had got top marks, no surprises there. You hadn't done that bad actually, better than Hoseok at least, and you were super happy.

Taehyung was called to the stage and you watched as he took his degree and smiled graciously at the crowd —including both his parents— before walking down the aisle.

There were only a few students to go and you could feel the nerves building up in your at the tips of your toes.

Your eyes combed through the crowd for a familiar face. Your eyes caught the head you were looking for, messy black hair with a slight, microscopic bluish purplish tint. Your gaze fell on your mother beside him who was scanning the long line of students as if looking for you.

You lifted your hand lightly, but of course she didn't catch the movement. Gradually, her eyes met yours and you smiled at her genuinely and waved.

She waved back and showed you a thumbs up. Your dad didn't even have the audacity to show up but who cared anyway? Mum was here and she would be enough.

Jungkook's head lifted from it's humpbacked position —he was on his phone— and his eyes met yours. He winked and ran his tongue along his lips, biting it. Typical of him to try to embarrass you right in the middle of graduation. You stuck out your tongue at him and turned away from him reminding yourself to give him a good tongue-technology lesson when you got home... 

After the graduation they were going to hold a gym party to celebrate the glorious occasion of leaving college. It had been your and Jungkook's joint idea, and Hoseok and Taehyung acted as the messenger birds.

"YN/LN" The guy on stage announced. You were taken aback and jogged to the podium. To no one's surprise you nearly stumbled on the stairs and accidentally (or on purpose) sent one of the poles with flower decorations flying into the crowd, some of whom cheered.