34. Night Convos

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ✧
┊ ┊ ✦
┊ ✧

Jungkook held his head down as the coffin made it's way to the cemetery. He was walking behind it with you and his father.

He never thought things would progress this way.

That he would lose his mother in a matter of a week.

That his dad would retire just after and hand the hotel management over to him.

That his head would become so muddled up.

That life would take such a bleak and hopeless turn out of the blue.

That he would also overcome his loss so quickly.

Or that you would become such an essential part of his life.

Something told him that he had matured a lot within the few days. He no longer looked at the world with the rosy view he held before and didn't feel overwhelmed by everything anymore. This was the first time he had ever experienced a loss of someone he held dear to his heart and the shock was unimaginable.

Now after a few sombre days of pensive thinking and sobbing quietly onto his pillow, he realised that nothing was actually everlasting. That fact may seem obvious at first but it hadn't really affect him so much before. He didn't have so much expectation as before, just to live happily with you and die peacefully.

He talked with you about everything, had deep discussions late into the night and came to a conclusion that he wouldn't strive for things he knew he wouldn't get, his mother's life taught him a lesson.

Jungkook stood by the coffin when they brought it home to pay last respects. He loved his mother, he honestly did, but no longer did tears come pouring out of his eyes. He accepted her death.

You couldn't believe the woman you hated so much was actually lying in front of you, no longer breathing, no longer alive. Her face looked at peace, and the thought that she forgave you and let go off the contract before her death felt comforting.

And when the coffin was lowered into the ground he held no regrets and no longer felt like he wanted to die too. Death was inevitable and his mother was probably at peace now.

He turned to you in the car after the journey back home and gave you a sincere smile. You hugged him lightly. You both had grown together during the last few days. Though you were sure you'd never stop your search for fun -what was life without a little daredevil humor?- you'd try to find it in better ways than kicking people in the guts and getting a laugh out of it.