33. I-don't-have-a-name-for-this-chapter-either

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ✧
┊ ┊ ✦
┊ ✧

"Jungkook?"

"Yes dad?"

"Bad news son, you'll have to come to the hospital this evening."

"Why?" Jungkook's heart went cold. "Is mum okay?."

"Yes it's about her, she..."

"What dad! WHAT HAPPENED?" Please no, may it not be what he thought it was.

"She had another heart attack this morning."

Jungkook held his breath for his father to continue. His morose tone didn't help at all.

"She— I think you might have guessed already son, she passed away an hour ago."

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

You couldn't wait. Finally after a whole week's worth of lectures and stupid practicals, climbing rocks and skipping stones through high tide rivers to improve leadership skills —you rolled your eyes— you were on your way back home.

You hardly had any time to talk with anyone except your other stressed-out mates and Taehyung for the whole week. Jungkook called every evening but by then you were too tired to hold a proper conversation.

Today you would finally meet him after a century. Hoseok too. You missed his dirty jokes and pranks.

Looking out the window and seeing familiar buildings pass by gave you a thrill. Back finally. Finally.

The bus left you a short walk away from Jungkook's house. You planned on surprising him since you never told him when you'd be back.

You freshened yourself after the journey and hung around in the living room waiting him to come home from work. It had been a tiring day, you helped yourself to some of the soda in the freezer and sat on the couch to watch some TV.

Your phone rang informing you from the caller ID that it was Hoseok. You had missed him so much too.

"Hoseok?"

"Y/n did you hear the news? Did Jungkook tell you?"

"What news? No he didn't call me at all."

"Well... You see... His mum's passed away. Your darling mother-in-law," he said with sarcasm.