25. Garage Sale

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ✧
┊ ┊ ✦
┊ ✧

Finally, after another two weeks of waiting —the police were mind numblingly slow—even sloths and snails would've been better in your biased, exaggerated opinion— they cleared the case and caught the gang that fought with you both at the so-called funfair.

Seemed like you had predicted correctly, they turned out to be a cheap inorganized mafia gang who kidnapped young girls and sold them for prostitution: human trafficking, in short. You returned to your house after it was cleared, though Jungkook asked you to stay with him. 

You were concerned with how much of a burden you must be to him and returned to your house as soon as possible.

Now you were sitting on the couch scrolling through your contacts to call your husband. The last week had been so busy you hadn't got the time to meet Jungkook so you called him every day and finally, after a load of shitty days the beautiful bliss of a weekend had finally arrived.

"Hello!" He answered on the second ring.

"Hey Jungkook, I got an idea for tomorrow are you free?"

"As free as I'll ever be. What is it?" The genuine excitement in his voice was so palpable that you felt your heart doing a mini dance of its own. 

You explained that you were going to have a garage sale after a long long time. Turns out Jungkook's never been to, nor held a garage sale before. He agreed to be at your house by noon. You couldn't wait, it was going to be fun.

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

"...So we sell the stuff we don't want anymore."

"Okay... so...Okay I get it." He checked the prices written in permanent marker on the items being sold. "They're awfully cheap."

"That's cause they're used, you turkey!" You smacked him on the forehead. "Who would buy something used for its whole original price?"

"A turkey eh?" he jumped back. "So you think I taste good hmm?"

 You ignored his remark and gave him an outdoor chair and sat on yours waiting for someone to come.

In a while an old man came with a walking stick. He hovered around the stall, trying to take one of the books. It was a book from your childhood, tattered from prolonged use. Jungkook darted forward before you and place the book in the man's hands.