29. From Afar

•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊
┊ ┊ ┊ ✧
┊ ┊ ✦
┊ ✧

You wondered if you should suddenly appear at his house, but according to Hoseok he wasn't there... Where could he be? 

You took a piece of paper and began writing down places you associated with him. His house, your old rented place, his parents' house wherever that was, the club... and so on.

Your phone rang and you picked the call, it was his mum. "Y/n the divorce is all sorted out and ready, we just need your signature along with Jungkook's. I'll call you and tell you where you have to come to so you can sign it."

She cut the call before you could say a word.

Now you rethought whether you really should go to Jungkook and apologise. What if his mother sprang on the divorce directly after that? He'd be hurt more than ever, it was better for him to totally forget you.

But your heart nagged you, you hadn't confessed to him yet. You wanted him to know... If there only was a way to tell him without going to meet him...

You eyes Jungkook's contact. What if you called and told him? The impact would be less right? Or would it be worse? You contemplated for ten whole minutes, finger hovering over his contact.

"Fuck it," you cursed and jabbed the call icon. 

You waited with bated breath for him to pick up... His voice, the silky deep voice: you wanted to hear it so bad. Your heartbeat was deafening your ears and it worried you whether you wouldn't be able to hear him.

He answered the call.

"H-hello?" You were sure he didn't check the caller ID before picking it up, but you were devastated. Jungkook's voice was sniffly and morose and more deep than you remembered.

"Jungkook." You couldn't stop the tears from flowing. It was a week since you last heard him talk, and a week since you actually spoke to him. "Jungkook." You repeated his name unable to believe he could hear you.

"Y/n?" He paused, unable to determine whether you were calling him or if it was a hallucination. 
"Y/N?! Y/n is it really- you?" The sound of your heavy breathing made the truth clear, and his heart did a somersault.

"Y/n w-where a-are y-you? I looked for you everyw—I—I'VE—I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE WORRIED IN MY ENTIRE LIFE, Y/N, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!"