Chapter 09

***Mnqobi's POV

It's been a month since Qondisile started her new school and she seems to be settling in quite well. I got an internship at Khulula Attorney's and I must say it sure feels like home. Today I was visiting my sister , Ndabezinhle since I don't have anything to do plus Qondi is in school.

Ndabe : "How's you bro bro?"

Me : "I'm good sis wena?"  I know she's not good so I guess that's why she hasn't been visiting home.

Ndabe : "I'm good."  I raise my eyebrows looking at her.

Me : " mmh mom will be joining us around lunch hour , she said she missed her baby." I lie , testing the waters.

Ndabe : "What? Uhm I won't be home what I mean is I'm having a meeting in the next hour."

Me : "Oh so you going with a blue eye to that meeting?"  She swallows with her eyes ready to fal out.

Ndabe : "Ay kahle Langalethelihle." 

Me : "So vele you will defend him? You won't say anything?"

Ndabe : "Langalethelihle this is my marriage and I will deal with it however I want and see it fit."  She snaps at me. I clench my jaws to stop myself from saying something that I might regret.

Me : "I hope you don't return home in a coffin. Enjoy the rest of your day."  I walk out leaving her calling after me but I ignore her , I'm just too angry right now.

------
Mom : "Aibo weLanga stop fighting my furniture that you can't even afford cause I'll squash that big head of yours mina."   Mom is so dramatic kodwa.

Me : "sorry."

Mom : "Sorry nja?"

Me : "I'm sorry mama." She ignores me and continues with her tab. I throw myself next to her and lay my head on her shoulder. I sigh heavily trying to grab her attention but she bluntly ignores me.

Me : "mama."

Mom : "Langalethu?"

Me : "when last did you speak or seen Ndabe?"  She finally looks at me with her eyebrows creased.

Mom : "I last spoke to her yesterday morning."

Me : "really?"

Mom : "Yes Mnqobi. I was also about to call her to join me for lunch."

Me : "she probably will have an excuse of being busy or whatever."  I mumble but it seems like mom heard me.

Mom : "Langa yini? Just tell me whatever you know!"

Me : "Okay fine. I think her husband is laying his hands on her."

Mom : "what? How sure are you Mnqobi?"

Me : "Mah uNdabe doesn't visit as often as she ever did before and we all know how much she loves being home plus she has never missed a whole three months straight without coming home. I'm actually coming from her place right now and I noticed that she had a blue eye that she tried hiding using make up. When I confronted her about it she told me about how I shouldn't involve myself in her marriage as it is 'HER' marriage so I'm backing off mina."  I'm still upset with my sister's sudden behaviour , it's irking. I've never seen dad beating my sisters so I really don't understand why she would allow some punk to beat her up when she's never even received a slap from dad. I leave mom shocked and walk out. It's almost afterschool anyway so I drive to Bryanston High.