Chapter 94

***Azanothe's POV.

My mom had permanently moved to Joburg in Ferndale , she stayed with my siblings and her son's father was a regular which meant they were still in a relationship and they were serious about each other it seemed. Apparently getting Stha to move in permanently with mom wasn't much of a hassle but Stha's stepmother had a problem. Stha seemed happy and lighter so guess it's something she has always wanted.

Mah : "Lukayise mntanam , what's wrong? Please talk to me."

Me : "Why would you think something is wrong?"

Mah : "You don't spend time with us , you always alone and you only just came home after four months of being away and I know that y'all closed two weeks back."  I huff.

Me : "I'm here now Mah aren't I?"

Mah : "I'll slap you phela mina , I'm still your mother." 

Me : "Sorry."

Mah : "Habe! Now tell me what's eating you? And I want the truth."

Me : "It's...argh nevermind , I don't think..."

Mah : "KHULUMA!"

Me : "Okay fine Mah , I feel like you just moved on and never mourned my father then you told me about how you cheated on him and that just made me think that maybe you never loved him like I thought you did , all the love y'all portrayed infront of me , seems fake now. I know I'm being delusional or I sound crazy but it's how I feel Mah."  She sighs and takes my hand into hers , brushing my knuckles lightly with her thumb.

Mah : "Baby , you can never be crazy for telling me how you feel , I promise. What you must know is that I loved your father dearly and he loved me too , yes what the love we portrayed in front of you may have never been true." 

Me : "What do you mean?"

Mah : "Okay , me and your father never had loved each other romantically.  *sighs* we were best of friends thou. Menzi's parents were strict that's for sure but they loved him so during our third year's in varsity Menzi's father got deadly sick , his last wish was for Menziwa to get married before he died and uMenzi asked me to 'help' him out so he could grant his father his wish , okay fine I agreed cause we knew we'd divorce after like two years later or so. Menzi's father died a few months after our wedding , his will was released after a week and in his will it stated that his father had left everything to your father since he was more responsible than all of his siblings plus he was married , it further stated that should Menzi divorce me without having a child or reach the age of 25 without a child then he'd lose all the inheritance to the state so I stayed. We stayed married until we had you baby and then we allowed ourselves to date other people while we were married. Your father's family tried doing something to him so we moved away from them and started afresh. I'm sorry for keeping the truth from you but baby I didn't want to make you view love as some sort of investment or see your father in any different way. I want you to still honour him like you do , mina I mourned him and ngaqeda. Again I'm sorry for never being there for you when you needed me so much , I'm sorry I wasn't holding your hand when you lost him and I know just how much you love that man and I know you love him even more than me."  She smiles.

Me : "Then what if his sister is to do something since she now lives in his house?"

Mah : "oh trust me baby , she wouldn't do anything like that."

Me : "oh , I'll be back."  I walk out for a walk before she could say anything.