Chapter 39

*Three Months Later!!!*

***Khensani's POV.

I thought the dreams telling me to go home were gonna end since I've met my parents and I'm now in my father's house but I guess I was wrong. I've been getting these still and this time around , they are a tad bit too much. I also have been having endless headaches which makes me sleep alot , BabuNkomo said he can't help me on that. He's been very helpful , I won't lie and he even left his numbers to me for whenever I may need him. I'm also stressed by Mnqo's situation , I still love him even though I was angry at him. No one told me who poisoned him , I even called Lando and she didn't give me anything about that information. I even thought of going back to joburg but apparently I can't until all my ceremonies are done , especially now since I have to restart the whole process and I'm happy it will be led by BabuNkomo. Oh today's dream was quite different , it showed this house's garden , well the far end of the garden and I've never seen anyone on that side of the yard.

Momma : "Thando lwam?"  I smile. She sits next to me so I lay my head on her breasts.

Me : "Mom. I'm tired. I'm tired of all this continuous pain. I also want to be happy , I thought Mnqo was gonna be my happy place but he's also lying half dead in a hospital bed , more than 70km away from me. I'm even scared of being happy because I'm scared it might get snatched away. I just want all this to be over and I want to be happy with everyone I love momma , is that too much to ask?"  I cry as she holds me.

Voice : "I also want us to be happy baby."  I scream and jump on him when I heard his deep hoarse voice. I sob loudly. I hear mom giggle.

Momma : "Let me give you guys space."  I hear the door close.

Mnqo : "Babe."  He shakes me softly , I shake my head as tears come out pouring. I sniff. He was now sitting with me on him.

Mnqo : "Look at me please baby." He removes me from his chest and wipes my face then kiss my lips.

Me : "You scared me."  My voice barely comes out and the tears start pouring again.

Mnqo : "I'm sorry but I wouldn't let you go through all of that alone."  I smile faintly.

Me : "I missed you." I kiss his chest.

Mnqo : "I'm much better now. Please don't be angry at my family for not telling you , my father is still in coma and the doctors actually suggested that we switch the machines off and that just drove mom crazy. She's not coping at all and I'm worried."

Me : "That's so sad baby. Bab'Muzi was my parent nami together with Nolu. I wish I could go to Joburg to atleast check and show support but I'm not allowed out."

Mnqo : "mom totally understands. She too wanted to come see you." He shrugs. We continue talking until he had to go. I was now walking him to the gate as he will be fetched by a friend that he's going out for drinks with.

Mnqo : "I love you baby okay?"

Me : "I love you too." We hug tightly then he gets in his uber and I walk back in the house. I find mom in the lounge watching tv so I join and sit next to her. I lay my head on her shoulder.

Me : " Thank you mommy. I love you."

Mom : "I love you too baby."

MaMkhize : "heh so wena Thandeka , it's okay if it's your child who brings boys here but if it's my kids it would've been world war 3!"  She says clapping dramatically while shouting those words.

Mom : "Exactly MaMKhize , MY child , my husband and I's child. Phela this is her father's house. We can't let my husband raise another man's child and then let them do as they please in house too , while his own kids are here?! Soze mntase."  (Never)

Sakhe : "MaMkhize. Please leave us. My daughter doesn't need all this , she hasn't been well , you know so leave us."

MaMkhize : "mxm"   she walks off. Dad sits next to me and I'm now in between them. He kisses my forehead.

Sakhe : " You good now?"  I smile.

Me : "Yes , thank you baba."  He grins.

Sakhe : "You just called me Dad."  We roll our eyes with mom.

》》》》》》》》》#Narrated.

Qondi was still sleeping with his twin brother and their mom. It was around midnight when Qondi just got up and walked to the door.

Sifiso : "Where are you going?"  She just walked out. Her brother followed her after waking their mother up. It was when she was heading to the main door when they noticed that she was sleepwalking. Her mom ran after her and stopped her then they tried waking her but to no avail. Sifiso carried her back to the house. They laid her on the couch and Sifiso ran to get her phone and called BabuNkomo.

BabuNkomo : "Bebethi bayamuthwebula , bamenza umkhovu kodwa ngeke kwenzeke."  (They wanted to make her a spiritual dwarf animal)

Thandeka : "Them again?"

BabuNkomo : "Yes and if this week ends without you leaving that house with your kids , you will bury one of them on the weekend." 

Thandeka : "The ceremonies?"

BabuNkomo : "Go to your husband's home since you in contact with them and they will help you , they are expecting you vele."

Thandeka : "Okay thank you."

BabuNkomo : "Your husband. Don't tell him , they have got him." 

Thandeka : "I hear you." He hangs up. Thandeka sighs exhaustively.

_____________________

What is Umkhovu?

Umkhovu is a zulu word which means spiritual dwarf animal that is made by people/witches to be used as a messenger to witchcraft. It is said that umkhovu stays under a rock , just like how the zulu saying goes , "lishisa likhipha umkhovu etsheni"  There is also umuthi that is called isigqiki somkhovu , this is a tree that is used to trap umkhovu.

______________________

I hope y'all understand. Don't forget to comment & vote.

❤Loads of love.