The Hound's Pups(Sandor Clegane x wife!reader)

You'd grown up hearing stories of how difficult it could be to be a woman. You heard of how painful childbirth could be but that some women experienced hardly any at all. In your current situation, you cursed them all as liars. If any woman didn't feel pain when giving birth, she must be made of stone. The stories were nothing compared to the actual pain you were going through.

Another scream was wrenched from your throat as the pain hit. Your husband was next to you, whispering in your ear how great you were doing. You had been in labor for hours now and you were exhausted. You didn't feel like you were doing well at all. "I can't so this," you said softly and, without even looking at him, you could tell Sandor was giving you that look. The one that said "are you kidding me?"

You felt your husband move so he could look in your eyes. "I don't wanna hear ya say that again. You're my wife, a Clegane, and ya can do anythin'. Now, I want ya ta do what ya have ta. Bring our babe into the world. Can ya do that for me?" You nodded as you felt the pressure on your belly again. "Good." Sandor resumed his place and helped you deliver your child, a daughter. However, you weren't finished. Apparently, there was a second one.

"Sandor..." He grabbed your hand in his and gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Y/N, I know ya can do this," he told you with a kiss to your temple. In truth, he'd never seen you so weak before. He knew that you had to be in an extraordinary amount of pain to admit you were having a rough time. He kept your hand in his. Kept pressing kisses to your temple before glaring at the Maester, daring him to say anything about the Hound showing this kind of softness. The Maester simply went on with his work, encouraging you to bring your second child out to meet their sister.

Once your second child, a boy, had been born, you laid back against the pillows, praying to every god there was that it was over. You glanced up at Sandor whose expression was a mixture of pride, adoration, and fear as he held the girl. "You won't drop her, Sandor," you whispered. Seeing your giant of a husband holding something so small and fragile was enough to bring a smile to your face even though you were exhausted.

Your eyes began to droop and Sandor chuckled softly. He carefully took the boy from you in his other arm and let you fall asleep. He sat in a chair near your bedside with his two children. "Reina, Rickar," he said softly, trying not to wake you after your ordeal, "I haven't done a lot of good. I've done terrible things. Things I didn't think the gods, if there are any, would ever forgive me for. Then, I met your mother. For some reason, she chose to ignore all the bad I've done and she married me. Now, I have ya two."

The two babes cooed as if they could understand everything their father was telling him. Sandor glanced back up at you, sound asleep in the bed. "Your mama? She's the best wife a man could ask for and she'll be the best mother ta the two of ya. I'll...try ta be the best father I can be." The raspy sound of his voice was soothing the babes to sleep and soon, the room was filled with the sounds of snores. Sandor gently got up and placed the babes in the bassinet. He'd have to build a second one for Rickar as soon as he got some sleep himself.

The septa had cleaned up the bed and you after the birth so Sandor was able to crawl in next to you. On instinct, you turned to face him and nestled into his side. Sandor kissed your forehead and sighed. "You're going to be a wonderful father, Sandor." He glanced down. "I thought ya were asleep." A soft laugh came from you.

"I was. Until you started talking. Reina and Rickar. You chose wonderful names. You are the best husband and father we could ever have." You slowly leaned up and kissed his jaw. "Goodnight, my love." Sandor grunted and replied, "Get some sleep. I have a feelin' those two will be up before dawn." You laughed again and let your eyes close, comfortable in the warmth of his embrace.