Professor Bolton (Roose Bolton x fem!reader) Modern AU

Roose bit back a smirk as he heard the whispers. "Professor Y/L/N looked hot today, didn't she?" or "I wonder if Professor Y/L/N has a boyfriend." Roose's favorite was when a couple of his female students came in gossiping between them. "I saw Professor Bolton and Professor Y/L/N out getting coffee yesterday. Do you think they're together?" To which the other young lady replied, "No way! Bolton's too grumpy and strict for Y/L/N. She's so bubbly and carefree."

Roose loved hearing these kinds of comments simply because they were true. The two of you were very different. Roose kept his emotions in check while you wore your heart on your sleeve. Roose kept to himself, but let his opinions be known while you were friendly, but kind of shy. You showed your passion for your job while Roose was more subtle. You were nearly complete opposites, but somehow it worked for you both.

"Professor Bolton?" Roose stopped in his tracks and turned to his student. He merely arched a brow in question, nearly scaring the poor girl away. "I was just heading to your office to turn in my paper. I won't be here when it's due." She handed over the paper and scurried away. Roose chuckled to himself and shook his head before continuing on his journey.

"Hello, Roose. Make anyone cry today?" you asked with a light smirk when he entered the cafe on campus. You had papers strewn in front of you that you were grading. "No, but it is early yet," he answered, giving you a rare smile. You laughed, not looking up from your papers.

"You were the topic of gossip again today, Y/N." You hummed softly. "Oh, really?" Roose nodded. "Yes. Students wondering whether or not you're dating anyone. A couple saw us together and were wondering if we were together." You finally looked up. "So, same as usual?" You had gotten used to the rumors surrounding you and Roose. You were very secretive about your private lives, so students were bound to gossip.

"Same as usual. Although I'm not sure how I feel about the half the male population and some of the female students eyeing you every time you pass by." You shrugged. "You know I just ignore it. I have you, why would I want anyone else? If you want them to stop looking at me, there's only one way and you know it."

"Fair enough," he said, reaching into the pocket of his jacket. You had gone back to grading your papers so you didn't notice what he was doing. That is, until he took your left hand in his and pulled it toward him. You felt the cool metal slide onto your ring finger and raised a brow. Roose dropped your hand and turned his attention to his own grading. "Um...Roose? Aren't you supposed to ask before you put the ring on?"

"Why? I already know the answer, don't I?" he asked in a teasing tone and you rolled your eyes. "I guess you do." You glanced down at your watch before gathering up your papers. "My next class is about to start. I'll see you later. Love you." You got up and kissed Roose's cheek before walking away.

The rumor mill started up quickly. Two students had seen the interaction between you and Roose at the cafe, and the news spread like wildfire. "Bolton and Y/L/N are together! I saw her kiss his cheek. And she's wearing a ring now!" Roose wanted to laugh at how quickly everyone knew. "Wow, really? I never thought the two of them would be a couple."

"Well, I think they're cute together. She brings out the best in him. When he's happy, his lectures aren't as boring." Roose rolled his eyes at that comment. But at least they all knew that you were taken now. He actually had to bite back a laugh at the thought of you hearing all the gossip going around. He could picture your embarrassed expression.

That night, you entered the apartment after Roose was already home. Your last class that day was later than his. "So, I was cornered by several students and teachers congratulating me on the good news. I thought we agreed to tell everyone together," you said. You crossed you arms over your chest, but your pout was playful one. "If I didn't know better, I'd say you were ashamed of me, dear," Roose teased back, making you chuckle. "Of course not."

"I told no one. You know how gossip circles us. A few students saw us in the cafe today and the ring of course." You walked over and wrapped your arms around his neck. "I'm glad. Now I don't have to worry about your students fawning over you either," you told him. Roose huffed and gave your hips a squeeze. "Now, how about we get something to eat and talk about our wedding?" Roose chuckled. "I doubt we need to. I believe the students are planning it for us."