Intervene (Euron Greyjoy x fem!reader)

Euron knew King's Landing was a dangerous place. A place full of violence, but he didn't expect to have to play the "knight in shining armor" the moment he set foot on its soil. He heard your scream first. His blue eyes scanned the surrounding area, searching for the source of the distress. Then, he saw you running toward him at full speed. It didn't take you long before you crashed right into him.

You looked up at him with wide eyes full of fear and tears. "Forgive me," you whispered, glancing over your shoulder. "Now what is a beautiful specimen like you running from?" he asked smoothly. You began shaking and turned to run away once more. "There she is," another voice called out. You quickly ducked behind Euron, desperate to get away from your tormentor.

The man in front of you had been following you for days, trying everything to get you to submit to him. You had refused, but he wasn't one to take rejection lying down. "Come out from behind there, Y/N. You know I can catch you no matter where you go." You got a grip on the back of Euron's tunic. You surprised Euron with your strength. You were effectively holding him in place. But then again, fear would do that to you. Euron let his eyes rest on the man in front of him. "I don't believe the lady wants to go with you," he said smoothly.

"And I don't believe I asked you, pirate. Now move out of the way and let me have my prize." Euron arched a brow. He hated men like that. Yes, Euron himself was a pirate and yes, some women could be considered as prizes, but those women were from the brothels and were willing participants. Based on your appearance and fear, you were neither and that didn't sit right with Euron at all. "A lady is not a prize and you will speak to me with respect," Euron replied cooly.

Your tormentor didn't like that one bit. "I said move, pirate or I will move you. I will get what I want either way." Your grip tightened. "Please don't let him hurt me," you whimpered. Euron nodded once, unsure about what to do really. He wasn't used to people asking him for protection. He was used to people needing protection from him. "He can't help you, pretty Y/N. I'm much faster than the pirate. I could kill him before he even have a chance to move and then I'll have you anyway." That pissed Euron off. That was it.

In an instant, Euron pushed you off and drew his sword. "You are addressing Euron Greyjoy, King of the Iron Islands. I've come to forge an alliance with Queen Cersei to protect your sorry arse from the war with the Dragon Queen. So, I suggest you leave now before I decide to make your innards into a necklace for the pretty lady." You were slightly frightened by the intensity of his gaze and the ferocity of his words. You knew he meant in and, judging by the look in your stalker's eyes, he knew too. The man in front of the two of you raised his sword, but thought better of it and turned tail and ran.

As soon as your attacker was out of sight, Euron turned to you. "Thank you," you told him softly. You refused to meet his gaze and, for some reason, Euron didn't like that. He took a step closer to you and used his thumb and forefinger to raise your chin so he could see your eyes. "Don't be afraid of me. I won't hurt you, my lady. How did you end up running from such an arse?" You tried to shake your head, but his grip kept you in place. "I'm not a lady. Only the daughter of a blackmith. That man has been coming into my father's shop everyday for a fortnight, giving me strange looks and saying the most inappropriate things when my father wasn't around."

"Well, I swear he will never harm you. Not while I am here to prevent it. Now, I shall escort you home before my audience with the queen." You nodded and let him take your arm. As you walked, Euron talked about the Iron Islands and why he was in King's Landing. In return, you told him more about the man who'd attacked you, including how you got the injuries to your arms. You had fought back until you felt too weak to continue. Thanks to Euron, you made it home unscathed. "If that man comes near you again, come to the Red Keep and I will protect you. I shall leave word with every man in my army to let you come to me. And I shall endeavor to see you everyday when I've concluded my business."

"You would be welcome, Your Grace." Euron smirked. He liked the sound of his title coming from your mouth. "Until we meet again, my lady." He brought your knuckles to his lips before turning away, heading for the Red Keep. As he walked, Euron began to second guess himself and his commitment to marrying Cersei. Certainly, the queen was lovely, but her beauty did not compare to yours. Your (e/c) eyes held a wisdom beyond your years. Your (h/c) locks framed your beautiful face. And your feminine curves were something to be admired. Shaking his head, Euron continued on his way. He had more important things to deal with. He didn't have time for you. Or so he thought.

Over the next several weeks, Euron visited your father's shop frequently. He spoke to you, learning more about you every day. To his surprise, you were tougher than he thought, often working alongside your father in the forge. That intrigued him even more. And you appeared to do your homework. One day when he came to the forge, you gave him a smirk. You had learned all about him. From the fact that he had been exiled from the Iron Islands, became a pirate, and then returned home to murder his brother and claim the Salt Throne. Euron figured you'd run for the hills after learning that. Instead, you had laughed nervously.

"Will you kill me, Your Grace? There would be nothing in it for you." Euron laughed along with you. You were right. There would be nothing for him if he were to murder you. He had no reason to, but had every reason to keep you alive and in his life. He glanced at you and saw a slight twinge of fear. His intensity frightened you at times. The way he walked and talked. The way his eyes, the color of a clear sky, would look at you. So intently that you thought you'd catch fire under his sharp gaze.

Euron kept that gaze on you as he drew closer to you. You didn't back away, although you did flinch a little. You thanked the gods that your father wasn't around as your heart began thudding against your chest. Euron's hand shot out and grabbed the back of your neck, pulling you against him so your chests were touching. "Are you afraid I will?" You nodded slightly. "Yes, I am." Euron laughed softly. "Good. You're wise to fear me," he told you, touching his nose to yours before continuing, "But no, I will not kill you. There are other things I'd much rather do than kill you."

You arched a brow and smirked a little. You knew you were treading a very thin line with Euron. One moment, you were frightened of him and the next, you were oddly attracted to everything he did. He was dangerous and that excited you to no end. Every nerve ending was buzzing when you were near him. "Like what?" you asked bravely. Euron let out a little breath. "I thought you'd never ask." Without giving you a chance to respond, Euron pressed his lips to yours.

It was rough and demanding. It was forceful, but not undesired. It was everything you expected from a kiss with Euron. And you returned it just as forcefully. Neither one of you were going to give in and let the other win. It wasn't until your lungs felt like they were going to explode, that you gave up and pulled away. You were both panting nearly uncontrollably. "I...like...the way you think," you managed between pants. Euron would have laughed if he could. "I was going to say the same about you, my lady."