One Drunk Kiss (Sandor Clegane x fem!reader)

You were at a loss. Either he really didn't get the fact that you were head over heels in love with him or he didn't care. It seemed that it didn't matter how much you flirted, he just wasn't going to make a move. You just didn't understand it. Sandor Clegane was a mystery to you. A mystery that would soon unravel thanks to the man himself.

The Brotherhood had been traveling for what felt like months. Morale was low and energy was even lower. That was when Thoros suggested a few days rest with music and drink. The entire Brotherhood jumped at the idea, including you. It had been so long since you'd had an enjoyable night. You never expected Sandor to actually get drunk, but he did. It lead to a rather interesting event.

You were sitting with Thoros and Beric, laughing at something Thoros had said when it happened. Sandor approached and plopped down next to you. His cheeks were stained red and you bit back a giggle at his drunken state. It wasn't often that you saw him so loose. He was always on guard. It was a nice change. You didn't realize how loud and...honest Sandor was when he was drunk.

"You're so beautiful," he slurred out suddenly and you flushed, not only from the compliment, but from the fact that he had said it loudly enough for everyone to hear. You licked your lips and thanked him softly. Beric and Thoros were practically rolling with laughter. You glared at them before turning your attention back to Sandor. What happened next would not only shock you, but everyone else too.

You had turned back to face Sandor and instantly found your face being taken in his large hands. Before you could react, Sandor's lips descended on yours. You squeaked in surprise while the rest of the Brotherhood cheered. Part of you was grateful that they probably wouldn't remember any of this in the morning. Then, you realized that Sandor was actually kissing you and you weren't reacting.

Just as you were about to kiss back, Sandor pulled away. You pouted and tried to follow his lips, but he moved again. "'M sorry," he muttered in his slurred speech, "Ya don't want a man like me. 'M not good for ya." You rolled your eyes. You weren't anywhere near as drunk as everyone else, so you could still think a little more clearly. "You're kidding, right? I have wanted nothing more than to kiss you for months!"

He didn't appear to hear you or understand as he kept apologizing over and over. Sandor kept saying that he shouldn't have kissed you. Sighing, you took his face in your hands and made him look at you. His protests cut off as you looked into his brown eyes. "Sandor, I wanted to kiss you. I wanted you to kiss me." Sandor opened his mouth to argue, but was cut off by Beric. "She's right. It was fairly obvious."

"Really?" Sandor asked and you nodded. "Really?" he asked again and the other men all shouted, "YES!" You giggled and shook your head at them. "Shut up. None of you are going to remember this in the morning." They all grumbled in agreement and went back to their business. You looked back at Sandor. He was still staring at you, his face still gripped in your hands. You let him go and stood up. "Get some sleep," you muttered, kissing his forehead. As you walked away, you hoped he'd remember what happened in the morning.

Sandor woke the next morning with a pounding headache. Judging by how slowly everyone else was moving, they were all in the same boat. Everyone except you. You had already started a fire and had caught some rabbit and fish for breakfast. Your (e/c) eyes found his and you gave him a soft smile before averting your gaze again.

Memories of the night before came rushing back to Sandor and he bit back a groan. He'd really stepped in it. Embarrassed himself more than he ever had before. How was he going to be able to look you in the eye after that? He shook his head of his childish thoughts. He was Sandor Clegane. What in the hells was he afraid of? Groaning lightly, Sandor got up from his place on the ground and made his way over to you.

"Good morrow, Sandor," you greeted with a smile. Sandor was thrown off a little. Not a lot of people smiled at him and you had done so twice in as many minutes. "Last night..." he started and you laughed softly. "So you do remember." He nodded. "Good," you whispered and handed him a plate of food. "Eat. We'll talk later." Sandor huffed in response making you giggle. He left your side and sank down to the ground to eat.

As soon as everyone was situated with breakfast, you brought your own plate over to sit by Sandor. "Now, have you got that foolish thought that you aren't good enough for me out of your head?" you asked before taking a bite. Sandor glanced over at you. You were sitting on the log behind him so you were about eye level. He shook his head and you rolled your eyes.

You set your plate down on the log next to you and angled yourself to face him. You placed your hands on his shoulders and stared deeply into his eyes. "Sandor Clegane, you are one of the most honorable men I have ever met. Yes, you have a dark past and you have scars, but those things only make me love you more. You have not let the darkness of this world break you, only make you that much stronger."

Sandor didn't reply and you took advantage of his silence. You leaned forward and pressed your lips to his. Unlike the kiss the night before, this one was a little less wet and sloppy, but it was still just as passionate. Catcalls and cheers erupted all around you, but neither of you cared. All either of you could focus on was the outpouring of emotion happening between you.