An Email From my Boss (Roose Bolton x reader) Accidental Email AU

Working for Roose Bolton wasn't the best job in the world, but it wasn't the worst either. You were his secretary. Actually, you were his fourth secretary in six months. Apparently, they didn't last long. Except you. You had been his secretary for nearly a year now and you couldn't be happier. Maybe it was because you didn't let his foul moods get under your skin. You just rolled with it. Or maybe it was because Roose had actually taken a liking to you. You didn't know, but you would find out one day by accident.

You came in early one morning and sat at your desk right outside Roose's office. He was already there so you waved through the glass windows. He gave you a nod in greeting before turning back to his work. You logged into your computer to check your email and your to-do list for the day. It wasn't surprising when you saw an email from Roose. He often emailed you so he wouldn't forget meetings and things like that. However, the first line in the email made you stop.

Mrs. Stark,

I would like to thank you for your advice as to what to do about my secretary. I haven't had need to try and woo anyone since Ramsay's mother and I have no idea what the dating world is like these days. I can't express how much your advice is appreciated. I can only hope Y/N is as appreciative and that I somehow do not mess this up.

Sincerely,

Roose Bolton

You were frozen in your seat. Roose wanted to ask you out? How had you not noticed? And how were you supposed to act around him now that you knew? Your good mood for the day suddenly turned awkward. There was no way you were going to be able to face him. Not that you had a choice. You turned toward Roose's office as he waved you in. Licking your lips, you got up with the notes for the meetings for the day.

"Good morning, Y/N. I trust you had a pleasant evening." You nodded, unable to speak. Roose looked up from his work with furrowed brows. "Everything alright?" Again, you gave him a nod. "O-Of course. Here are your notes for the day. Your first meeting is with Stark Industries. Mr. Stark called yesterday to tell you that his eldest son will be handling the meeting since Mr. Stark is feeling under the weather." You patted yourself on the back that you'd managed to get the words out.

"Thank you, Y/N. Anything else?" You licked your lips. "You have lunch with Ramsay today, but nothing else." Roose nodded. "I'll, uh, just go back to my desk." His eyebrows came together in confusion. "Are you alright?" Another nod. "Yep. Just have a lot to do today." He didn't look like he believed you, but let you go anyway. As soon as you were out of the office, you let out a breath and went about your day. You only hoped the rest of the day would be uneventful.

It was, right up until lunch time. Just after Roose left for lunch with Ramsay, a bouquet of flowers appeared at your desk. "Um, who are these for?" you asked. The florist smiled and checked his list. "A Miss Y/F/N." You blinked in surprise and signed for the flowers. As soon as the florist left, you scoured the bouquet of your favorite flowers for a note. You didn't need it to figure out who they came from, but maybe the usually stoic Roose let out a bit of his romantic side. No card though. Sighing, you went back to what you were doing before.

The rest of the day, you were in and out of Roose's office. And every time, you couldn't bring yourself to meet his gaze. You didn't think he would notice, but when he called you into his office at the end of the day, it was obvious that he had. "Is there something bothering you, Y/N?" You bit your lip, unsure of whether or not you should confess to what you'd read. You looked up and finally met his blue-grey eyes. You were done for. For some reason, you'd never been able to lie to those eyes.

"I read your email to Catelyn Stark!" you blurted out before you could stop yourself. Your hands immediately went to cover your mouth. "You what?" Swallowing thickly, you uncovered your mouth. "You sent that email to me by mistake. I opened and read it this morning." You ran your hand through your hair. Roose sat back in seat and watched you. "I see...and you object?"

"No!" you cried, feeling your face heat up as you continued, "I mean, you're my boss and what would other people think? I just didn't think you could ever be interested in me. I mean I'm only a secretary." You were babbling. You knew you were, but you just couldn't seem to stop. "I wouldn't want to lose my job here anyway, so I couldn't possibly date my boss." You finally stopped when you heard one of the strangest sounds ever. Laughter coming from Roose.

"Are-Are you laughing at me?" you asked. Roose tried to bite back his chuckle, but couldn't. "N-No. Of course not. All your reasoning is sound, but have you considered this?" he asked, his body shaking with suppressed laughter, "That I don't care what others think? And that you would most certainly not lose your job either way?" You cocked your head to the side. "I wouldn't?" He shook his head. "Of course not. If you aren't interested, I wouldn't take it out on you by firing you. And if you are, then I could always transfer you to another department. Until we decide whether this is going anywhere, you would stay on as my secretary."

"And you wouldn't treat me any differently?" He shook his head. "Not here, no. Of course, outside of here, I would. But that depends on your answer." Gathering your courage, you walked closer to him, circling his desk so you could stand right next to him. "I think I'd like to try." Roose actually gave you a smile, something else that was rare for him. "Good. Then, if you have no objections, I'd like to take you to dinner tonight." You nodded as you leaned down and pressed a kiss to his cheek. "Pick me up at 7." You turned on your heel and went back to your own desk. You couldn't concentrate on work though. You were far too excited to see where this was going to go.