Confronted (Tyrion Lannister x Stark!reader)

You finally felt like you could breathe again. After so long in King's Landing where every single move of yours was being watched, you finally reached Meereen. You traveled with Varys in hopes of forging some sort of alliance with Daenerys Targaryen. Or at least a hope that she wouldn't behead you. You had also been traveling with Tyrion Lannister at one point, but he had disappeared. Hopefully you'd see him again. Alive and unharmed.

Your hope was realized when you and Varys entered the pyramid and found Tyrion with Daenerys. You couldn't help but smile upon seeing him. It felt like it had been years since you last saw him when it had only been a few weeks. He looked better. His beard was fuller and he was clean. He looked more at ease than he ever had in King's Landing. But it was the smile that lit up his face when he saw you that made your heart clench.

Your attention was pulled away from Tyrion when Daenerys spoke. "Who are you?" Varys bowed low and you followed. "My name is Varys, former Master of Whispers in King's Landing. And this is Y/N of House Stark. We have come seeking refuge and to offer our strengths to your cause." Daenerys did not look impressed.

"And what strengths could you offer? A Stark alone in the world. The last I heard was that House Stark was in ruin, Winterfell captured by Ramsay Bolton." You jutted your chin out in pride and defiance. "My name may be Stark, but that is not who I am. I am much more than that, just as you are much more than a Targaryen, aren't you?" You could see a small smirk on Tyrion's face as Daenerys considered your words. After a moment, a smile appeared on her lips. "I like you."

*time skip*

Your time in Meereen did wonders for you. You proved yourself to Daenerys quickly. Not only did you have a strategic mind, but you could fight as well. You offered advice when necessary, but didn't overstep your boundaries. The biggest thing, however, was the fact that you got to spend much more time with Tyrion.

You got to really know the Lannister. You learned so much about him such as his likes and dislikes and how he put up with his crazy family. You learned almost everything about him, including the fact that his marriage to your sister was never consummated. That meant, in the eyes of the law and the gods, they were never married. You weren't sure why the knowledge made you so happy, but someone else was.

Unbeknownst to you, Daenerys had been watching your interactions with Tyrion over the months. She noticed so much more than people realized. She quickly recognized the fact that your were both completely unaware of your rapidly growing feelings for each other. She was going to change that.

"Y/N." You turned to Daenerys with a smile. "Yes, Your Grace?" She returned your smile for a second before her expression grew serious again. You turned to face her fully and leaned against the railing of the ship you were on. "What are your feelings, Y/N?" Your brows furrowed. "My feelings for what?" Daenerys smirked. "Your feelings for the new Hand of the Queen?" she accused.

"Feelings for T-Tyrion? What makes you think I have feelings for Lord Tyrion?" Daenerys chuckled. "Your reaction is a good clue. But I have seen the way you look at him. I see your interactions with him. It's fairly obvious that you are in love with him." You licked your lips and cleared your throat. "I-I-" you started to deny, but knew it was pointless when she continued to stare at you. "I am. I am in love with him. I cannot remember a time when I haven't been in love with him."

Daenerys' smirk changed into a smile, but her gaze traveled behind you. You felt yourself grow warm. "He's behind me." It wasn't a question, but your queen nodded anyway. You slowly turned around to see Tyrion gaping up at you. Without a word, Daenerys left you and Tyrion alone.

For several tense seconds, the two of you just stared at each other. Finally, Tyrion cleared his throat. "Perhaps we should take this somewhere more private," he suggested. At your nod, Tyrion turned and lead you down to the cabins. You followed him to his own personal cabin. It was silent between you until the door closed behind you both.

"Tyrion, about what you heard-" you began, but he cut you off by asking, "Did you mean it?" He was staring up at you. Once again you felt yourself heating up. You wanted the floor to swallow you whole. "Yes," you whispered. Tyrion reached over and grabbed your hand in his smaller one. There was nothing special about the way he was holding your hand, but it felt like the most significant thing in the world. You looked down at Tyrion with a smile and a surge of confidence.

"I love you, Tyrion. I know this isn't the best time for anything to start between us, but I can't help how I feel." You sat down on the edge of the bed so you could be closer to eye level with him. He squeezed your hand gently. "This is the perfect time, Y/N. We don't know how much time we have left and I wish to spend whatever we have with you. I-I love you too." You grinned at him before leaning down slightly to kiss him softly. It was a barely-there kiss, but it was enough to set both your hearts racing. And to think, if Daenerys hadn't confronted you, you would never have had the opportunity to be so close to the man you loved.