Perfectly Suited (Tyrion Lannister x fem!reader)

You had heard the word "freak" more times than you dared to count. And why not? It wasn't every day that others found a fault in a noble lady. Because apparently, having an extra finger on each hand and being proficient at archery were faults. You never let it bother you, but it seemed that people, especially the other highborn, were determined to tear you down just because you were different. The worst culprit was Joffrey Baratheon.

Joffrey's favorite pastime when you were around was poking fun at you. Comparing you to his uncle Tyrion. According to him, having an physical quirk like yours was the same as being a dwarf. Again, it didn't bother you. It did appear to bother Tyrion though. Not because he didn't like you but because he didn't want you to be seen in the same light he was.

"You know, my lady. I should give you to my uncle. Make you his bride. After all, with an...abnormality such as yours, the two of you are perfectly suited," Joffrey said as he sat at his small table. You shot a short glance at Tyrion who refused to meet your gaze. Time to play the game. "I should be very grateful, Your Grace." That made Tyrion look up. He searched your face, certain you were playing around.

Joffrey looked just as confused. "What do you mean?" You smiled softly. "I mean, Your Grace, that it would be an honor to be wed to Lord Tyrion. After all, I am abnormal as you say. What other prospects could I possibly have?" You turned slightly so you could give Tyrion a wink without Joffrey seeing. You didn't want Tyrion to think you were serious.

"Yes...well, then it is done. Lady Y/N of House Y/L/N shall wed Lord Tyrion Lannister in a fortnight." You curtsied respectfully. "Thank you for your kindness, You Grace." With that, you turned and left the room. Tyrion followed shortly after. "Why would you do that? Condemn yourself to a life with a man worse than a bastard in his father's eyes?" You smiled at him. "Because perhaps we are perfectly suited, my friend. I, for one, would be happy to spend the rest of my life with someone who understands me." You left Tyrion standing there with his mouth open in disbelief.

*time skip*

You let out a giggle at the joke Tyrion was telling you. The two of you had decided to spend the day locked away in your chambers. You'd been married for several months now and had come to enjoy each other's company. "You are positively ridiculous, husband." Tyrion beamed at you. He hadn't said it out loud, but he adored when you called him that. The tone of voice you used when you said it made his heart feel full.

Tyrion didn't know when it had happened, but he had somehow come to love you. The marriage that had been forced upon you both had blossomed into something beautiful and pure. The two of you were rarely apart unless you had to be. You ate together, read together, and slept together. It was as if neither of you could get enough of the other's presence. Tyrion never said a word, but hoped he conveyed how he felt about you through his actions.

"You're staring, Tyrion," you informed him, causing him to blink. He apologized, but you waved it off. "I don't mind. You're the only one who doesn't stare at me because of my hands. Your eyes say something different when you look at me. You don't see me as a freak." Tyrion reached over and rested his hand on your larger one.

"You aren't a freak, Y/N. I have never seen you as one. You're merely different." You smiled and leaned down to kiss his forehead. "And you are too sweet." You leaned back and opened your book again. Tyrion did the same, but his eyes kept traveling back to you. He kept thinking back to the first time he realized that he loved you.

You laughed gleefully as you hit yet another target. Tyrion clapped lowly. You really were very good. You never missed. "Well if it isn't my favorite uncle and his wife." Joffrey's voice was dripping with sarcasm. "Good afternoon, Your Grace." Joffrey looked at you both with disdain. His "evil plan" had failed. The two of you weren't at all miserable together, no matter what anyone around you said and it made Joffrey angry.

"Perhaps Your Grace would care to practice? After what happened at the Blackwater, it seems everyone in the city could use a little more training." Joffrey's glare hardened at his uncle and he took a step closer to Tyrion. He stopped when an arrow hit the ground right in front of his feet. His gaze whipped over to you and you shrugged. "Ooops. It slipped." Joffrey stalked off in a rage. As soon as he was out of sight, you and Tyrion burst into a fit of giggles.

After that day, Tyrion began to see you differently. "What's on your mind, lord husband?" you asked suddenly, looking up from your book with a soft smile. "Nothing. Just admiring your beauty." You felt your face flush and you ducked back behind your book making Tyrion chuckle. Joffrey had been right about one thing. The two of you were perfectly suited for each other. Tyrion loved you and would eventually tell you. When the time was right.