Battle for the Realm and Your Hearts (Sandor x fem!Stark reader)

The Great War had come sooner than anyone had realized. The war between the living and the dead was about to begin. In fact, the army was riding out the next morning to fight. That was why you were winding through the corridors of Winterfell. You were looking for someone. Someone who had grown very close to over the years. You were looking for Sandor Clegane.

You found him preparing to enter his chambers. "Sandor." You had whispered, but his keen ears heard you anyway. He glanced up at you and nodded in greeting. "I need to talk to you." Sandor grunted in response before opening his door. "What do ya need, girl?" You rolled your eyes at him. He knew you hated it when he called you that. You weren't a girl. You were the eldest Stark. A woman.

"We ride into battle tomorrow," you murmured. Sandor arched a brow, wondering why you were telling him what he already knew. "You will be careful, won't you?" you asked him. "Aye." He knew that wasn't what you wanted to say. He could tell by the way you refused to meet his gaze and the way you were fidgeting. "What is it?"

"Sandor...I don't want you to die. I don't want to die, but I don't know what tomorrow will bring," you started, finally looking up at him, "And I certainly don't want to die with my maidenhood still." Sandor stared at you in shock. He had no idea why you were telling him this, but he was definitely a little uncomfortable. "Why in Seven Hells are ya tellin' me this?"

You rolled your eyes. Obviously the hint was lost on him. "Because I want to give myself to you, Sandor. Tonight. Before we ride out tomorrow and face almost certain death." It was out in the open now. No taking it back. "Why? Why me?" You giggled and stepped closer to him. "There is no one I'd rather give my maidenhood to, Sandor. I love you." You leaned up on tiptoe and kissed him gently. Once he was over his initial shock, Sandor kissed back. Those gentle kisses turned more and more heated and demanding, leading to a night of unbridled passion.

The next morning, Sandor woke to find your smaller body still curled into him. It was a new experience for him, caring so much. He didn't want you going into battle with them. He wanted to protect you. He was tempted to tell you to stay put, but knew you'd never listen. You were far too stubborn. Instead, he would make it his mission to protect you and protect your heart.

You woke soon after Sandor and got up. You dressed, avoiding his gaze just as he was avoiding yours. Once you were both dressed, he moved to leave the room. You gently grabbed his arm effectively stopping him in his tracks. He looked at you and saw tears shining in your eyes. "Please be careful. Don't die, Sandor." He chuckled. "Ya too." You nodded and followed Sandor out of the room, toward almost certain death.

*time skip*

You weren't sure how it happened, but you survived the war. It was bittersweet. You had survived, but you sisters, Bran, and Jon were all dead. The only good that came out of the war was the fact that you had won. The Army of the Dead was defeated and you were now Lady of Winterfell. Only, you were no longer Y/N Stark. No. You were Lady Y/N Clegane.

To your relief, Sandor had survived the battle and, because he didn't want to lose any more time, he married you as soon as possible. You had never been so happy in your life, except perhaps a few moons later when you discovered you were with child. You hadn't told Sandor yet, but you were excited to. You weren't sure if he wanted children, but you were hoping he'd take the news well.

After performing your duties as Lady Clegane, you went in search of your husband. You stopped the Maester in the corridor. "Have you seen Lord Clegane?" The Maester smiled at you. "My Lord Clegane is out in the training yard, my lady." You thanked him and made your way outside.

Despite the fact that it was winter and fresh snow was falling, your husband refused to give up on his training. That didn't bother you so much as the fact that he felt a need to remove his shirt while he did it. You worried he was going to fall ill. You got to the training yard and, sure enough, there was your shirtless husband facing off against Brienne of Tarth. The rivalry between the two was almost humorous.

"Have you come to reclaim your lord husband, Lady Clegane?" Jaime Lannister asked as you approached. You smiled at him. He was a changed man now. He was married to Brienne and lived in Winterfell while Casterly Rock was being rebuilt. "I have indeed, Lord Lannister." Brienne glanced over at you and Jaime. She indicated to Sandor, who turned to face you. He smirked and put his practice sword back. After pulling his shirt back on, he came over to you.

"I apologize for taking you away from training, but I need you for a few moments." Sandor's eyes narrowed suspiciously. "What is it?" You looked up into his beautiful brown eyes, suddenly nervous. "You're going to be a father, Sandor," you said softly. Those gorgeous eyes you loved so much widened. "I-I-I...what?" You let out a nervous giggle. "I'm with child."

The grin that spread across Sandor's face was nothing short of dazzling. In an instant, his hands were at your waist. He picked you up and spun you around once. "You're happy then?" Sandor nodded. "Course I am." You breathed a sigh of relief and Sandor chuckled.

Sandor had never expected to be a father. Hells, he never expected to even get married, especially not to a lady. So the news that his wife was expecting his child was the happiest he'd ever been. "When shall we announce it?"you asked him, bringing him from his thoughts. "Now, woman." You laughed. You'd never seen him so excited before and you loved it. "That sounds wonderful."