Blind Date Gone...Right? (Jaime Lannister x reader)

(This is a Modern/Blind Date/Trapped Together AU)

You were seriously contemplating murder. Why had you let Margaery set you up on this blind date? And how could she choose someone so self-centered and arrogant? From the moment you sat down, your date had began talking and he had barely stopped. And everything he said was centered around himself and his family. You wanted to hurt Margaery for setting you up with him. One thing was for certain, you never wanted to see Jaime Lannister again after tonight.

"Y/N? Have I lost you?" You blinked in surprise. Jaime was staring at you and you realized he was waiting for an answer to a question you didn't hear him ask. "Sorry, what?" Jaime scoffed and shook his head. "Maybe we should call it a night. Neither of us are having a good time. I'm obviously boring you." You rolled your eyes a bit. "I can't help it if you're a boring conversationalist." Jaime laughed in disbelief. "Me? You've hardly said anything tonight." You didn't bother to answer as you grabbed your coat, threw a few bills on the table to pay for your meal, and walked toward the elevator.

You heard footsteps behind you and Jaime managed to slip into the elevator just as the doors closed. "I don't care for your attitude, Y/N. Why on earth did our friend think this was a good idea?" You glared at him. "I can't imagine. Margaery knows I don't like egotistical pricks like you." Jaime just stood there for a moment, staring at you. You reached around him and pressed the button to return to the first floor.

The elevator began moving and you let out a sigh. The sooner you were moving, the sooner you could get away from Jaime. Unfortunately that wasn't going to be the case. The elevator only moved for a second before it came grinding to a halt. "What?" Jaime nearly fell into you, but you managed to push him back up before he could. "No, no, no. This can't be happening," he muttered. He turned around and began banging on the door of the elevator. "Because that's going to help," you mumbled, earning a glare from the blond.

"I don't recall asking you," he snapped. He resumed banging on the door. You opened your mouth to chastise him again, but stopped. There was something about the look on his face that made you pause. He looked like a frightened animal. "Jaime?" He whirled on you. "What?!" You gave him a smile and places a hand on his shoulder. "It's going to be alright. Someone will realize that the elevator is stuck and they'll fix it. No big deal. But I need you to try and relax. Breathe with me."

You demonstrated for Jaime a way to breathe calmly. Jaime copied you until his breathing evened out and he was able to relax himself a bit. He refused to meet your gaze after that. "Hey, it's no big deal. We all have something that freaks us out, Jaime. It's not like I would think less of you."

"Not that you could after that dinner," he replied in a weak voice that didn't suit him. You chuckled lightly. "Fair enough. I guess we really didn't give it a fair shot, huh?" Jaime shrugged. "Look, it's nothing against you. It's just better not to get involved and keep myself from getting hurt." Your brows furrowed. "You think I would hurt you?" Again, Jaime shrugged.

"Maybe. I don't know. I've been hurt before. My ex...Brienne. I was set to marry her. But then she met this man, Tormund. They fell in love and Brienne left me for him. I couldn't be too angry. When you find a love like that, you take it. Then, shortly after, I had my accident," he revealed, gesturing to his prosthetic hand before continuing, "No one wanted to stay with me when they learned that I only had one real hand. After that, the only people I knew I could rely on were my family. It was Tyrion's idea to start dating again, but I didn't want to be hurt anymore."

You felt for Jaime. You had no idea that the way he had acted in the restaurant was only a front. He was really hurting deep down and was only trying to keep from hurting even more. "I'm sorry, Jaime." He shook his head. "No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted the way I did. I should have been more open about this." You smiled gently. "I forgive you. As long as you can forgive me for calling you an egotistical prick." Jaime beamed. "Forgiven."

You both glanced at the door. "Looks like it might be a little while. Maybe we should try and get comfortable." Jaime nodded and the two of you sank down to the elevator floor. For a little while, you sat in awkward silence. Then, you started to ramble on about nothing, making Jaime smile. Yous at talking until you felt your eyelids growing heavy and, eventually, your eyes closed.

The sound of the elevator jerking back to life woke you the next morning. You tried to move but found yourself unable to you. One look told you exactly why. Somehow, during the night, you had fallen asleep on top of Jaime and his arms had you nearly crushed into him. He stirred slightly. His green eyes opened and met your (e/c) ones. In an instant, you saw a myriad of emotions pass over those green eyes.

Neither of you moved. It was as if you were glued in place. It wasn't until the elevator opened that you were able to break out of the trance you were in. "You folks alright?" You sprang apart from Jaime like you'd been caught doing something illegal. Jaime just laughed and stood up. "We're fine, thanks." You couldn't get out of the elevator fast enough. Once outside, you breathed in the fresh air and sighed happily. You started making your way to your car.

"Y/N! Wait!" You stopped and turned to see Jaime hurrying over to you. You smiled at him. "What's up?" He looked you in the eye, making you freeze in place yet again. "I want to try again. Do-Do you think you could give this another chance?" You licked your lips and thought about it for a moment. "You know what? Yeah. I think that'd be nice. Say next weekend?" Jaime's grin was contagious. "Yes! I mean, of course. That'd be great. See you then, Y/N." After exchanging numbers, you headed toward your car with a skip in your step. Maybe this time things would be better. Maybe this time, they would go right.