To Break the Spell (Sandor Clegane x reader) Modern/Beauty and the Beast AU

"Sir? The new maid is here," a voice pulled Sandor out of his thoughts. The man grumbled, indicating that he'd heard. He hadn't wanted any of this. When his brother died, Sandor hadn't expected the family estate to be passed down to him. So, when it had, Sandor locked himself in, never leaving and avoiding everyone. In fact, he remained hidden from the world so long, people began to gossip. They all said Sandor and the entire household was under some kind of spell. A curse.

A moment later, another voice cut through the dark room. "Mr. Clegane?" the voice was soft, but not frightened. Sandor got up. "Close the door," he rasped out and heard it shut quickly. Sandor reveled in the near darkness. No one could see him in the dark. They couldn't see the monster he really was. The last thing he needed right now was to lose yet another maid. "Come over here, girl," he ordered.

Soft, light footsteps made their way to the desk. Sandor turned so he could see you, but you couldn't see the right side of his face. "Have ya ever been a maid before?" You nodded. "Of course. I'm not afraid of a little hard work." Sandor huffed. "Hard work? I doubt ya know the meaning of the words." You crossed your arms over your chest. "Mr. Clegane, I wasn't hired to stand here and be insulted. Did you need me for something or may I get to the work I was hired to do?"

Sandor wanted to laugh. You had spirit. "I need ya to know how sure ya are about this job." You cocked your head to the side in confusion. and Sandor sighed. "I know you've heard the rumors in town about me." You shrugged. "I have. They say you're something of a monster. A hermit who never lets anyone in. Each rumor is more and elaborate. They even say you're cursed," you told him honestly and Sandor scoffed. "But, I've never put much stock in rumors."

In surprise, Sandor turned fully toward you. The only indication that you even noticed the scarred side of his face was the slight jump you gave. Your eyes scanned his face for a brief moment before looking into his eyes again. "Is that all, Mr. Clegane?" Sandor nodded and you scurried from the room.

*time skip*

Like all the new maids, you were the one who ended up drawing the short straw. The butler had assigned you to be Sandor's personal maid, meaning, you brought him meals and anything else he asked for. You were also in charge of making his bed and tidying his room every day. The one room you weren't allowed in was the room next to his. He never told you why, but one day you got curious.

After cleaning Sandor's room, you noticed that the adjoining door was slightly open. Your curiosity got the better of you. You carefully entered the room, making sure to pull the door closed again. You turned around and gasped in shock. All you saw everywhere were broken mirrors. Shards of glass. You knew that Sandor hated his appearance, but you had no idea how much until now. The sight broke your heart.

You turned and slipped out of the room, only to be confronted by an angry-looking Sandor. "M-Mr. Clegane!" The expression "if looks could kill" popped into your mind. If that were true, you'd be dead ten times over. "Get out," he growled. You didn't waste a moment. You darted from the room and down to your own. You leaned against your door and willed your heart to stop pounding.

You stayed in your room for hours, not caring that your chores for the day weren't getting done. You knew if Sandor saw you, you'd be fired or, if the rumors were to be believed, worse. Unfortunately, you wouldn't have a choice.

"Y/N, the master wants you. Now." You got up on shaking legs and made your way to the door. You opened it to see the butler glaring down at you. "I don't know what you did, but the master is demanding your presence right now." You gulped and nodded. You knew you were in for it. "He says to bring the first aid kit." Your eyes widened. Just what was the man planning on doing to you?